Vinyl Me Please Essentials

if someone could clarify this for me; bit didnt vmp avout two years ago press stankonia as an option? and now is an essential?
no... they did southernplayalistic

their debut, a whole different album, and stankonia wasn't in the store if i remember unless it was on there because of the book

you can find this album pretty damn easily and its been that way with vmp for a while. give. me. some. hard. to. find. ish.

isnt that what a record club is about?
everyones favorite debate in these forums.. the "should they press it if its easy to get" question

its either the most popular or 2nd most popular

the other is "are you SURE this is an essential?"

I've got an Okki Nokki. I've had leaking issues with it, but it cleans well. There will be an upgrade in the future on this one for sure.
I believe the upgrade is out and I am HIGHLY considering it. Just hurts to spend $500 on a record cleaner lol.

if someone could clarify this for me; bit didnt vmp avout two years ago press stankonia as an option? and now is an essential?

not that stankonia isnt a dope record; but theres a huge list of things im paying for monthly to get and this aint one of them. you can find this album pretty damn easily and its been that way with vmp for a while. give. me. some. hard. to. find. ish.

isnt that what a record club is about?
They did offer it in the store as a "Curated" title. I actually purchased my copy from them. I think something similar happened with Beach House some time ago.

i have a deep ingrained, some may say irrational, hatred for the very concept squeaky clean that no man or beast shall tame.

The spin clean is great if you use it properly. I’ve had none of the these noise problems but drying thoroughly and completely is absolutely essential. It’s really easy to do once you know how. A proper RCM with a spinning platter and a built in vacuum is clearly going to be superior but you can’t beat the spin clean if you use it correctly.

My 2 cents: Spin Clean is hot garbage, but there IS a lower-cost reasonable alternative and it is called Squeaky Clean:

Check it out.
I've used this for a few years now, mainly for removing particles and static from new records. It's great

My 2 cents: Spin Clean is hot garbage, but there IS a lower-cost reasonable alternative and it is called Squeaky Clean:

Check it out.

That’s the system my local store is using and she swears by it..has had all the big record cleaning machines before and she says this system is the best she’s used in 30 years of being a record store ...

Just did a side by side comparison of Stankonia with the DVD-A.
The surround mix of Stankonia has some of the most hard cut separation I have in my collection. As a result it is the opposite of warm. In comparison the DVD-A stereo mix is dense and I would say suffers from frequency crowding. Subtleties like the dj scratch cuts get lost in the mix.
The vinyl is a nice medium between these two extremes. It's both wider than the stereo mix and has a more blended tone regarding separation.
I'll likely be doing this comparison a few more times today and think a bit more about dynamics.

i have a deep ingrained, some may say irrational, hatred for the very concept squeaky clean that no man or beast shall tame.

The spin clean is great if you use it properly. I’ve had none of the these noise problems but drying thoroughly and completely is absolutely essential. It’s really easy to do once you know how. A proper RCM with a spinning platter and a built in vacuum is clearly going to be superior but you can’t beat the spin clean if you use it correctly.
Irrational is correct. 😁

A squeaky clean is probably gonna set me back £100 plus then the cost of a wetvac , say another £50 min...so about £150 ...

Whereas the project cleaners are around £300 to £400?

(The projects look far prettier mind)

Just did a side by side comparison of Stankonia with the DVD-A.
The surround mix of Stankonia has some of the most hard cut separation I have in my collection. As a result it is the opposite of warm. In comparison the DVD-A stereo mix is dense and I would say suffers from frequency crowding. Subtleties like the dj scratch cuts get lost in the mix.
The vinyl is a nice medium between these two extremes. It's both wider than the stereo mix and has a more blended tone regarding separation.
I'll likely be doing this comparison a few more times today and think a bit more about dynamics.
I will be doing a side by side with the MOV pressing once mine arrives. The MOV is flawless in terms of noise or pops but I think it could be a little more dynamic. Curious to see how they add up. My guess is the GZ press is gunna be noisier with more general issues but will sound a little better in terms of the mastering...

A squeaky clean is probably gonna set me back £100 plus then the cost of a wetvac , say another £50 min...so about £150 ...

If it helps you choose - I bet at some point the Peter err Tyson EBay offer will drop again and save u 20% - Also now I have it and although I’m not regretting it really; I reckon I could easily have been just as happy with the small version. The larger capacity well for collecting Sucked up liquid is just not required and their is a work around with the vent design issue apon smaller model. All of which would save ya a decent amount.

They also have a motorised platter. I mean why even bother with an RCM is you’re spinning the platter by hand whilst trying to apply liquid brush it and then vac it off.

They also have a motorised platter. I mean why even bother with an RCM is you’re spinning the platter by hand whilst trying to apply liquid brush it and then vac it off.
I know the Squeaky Clean has been around for a while but the idea of a full size vacuum with that amount of suction power, scraping that arm across my records does not make me feel good. Part of the reason the RCM motors are less powerful is simply because I don't think you ideally WANT that much force bring applied to the arm while it's in contact with the record. One little bit of dirt or vinyl shaving on that felt and with that much power you're going to carve a ring around your nice new record.

Again, this is just my opinion. Obviously some people really like the Squeaky Clean but it gives me the heebies just thinking about that.

I know the Squeaky Clean has been around for a while but the idea of a full size vacuum with that amount of suction power, scraping that arm across my records does not make me feel good. Part of the reason the RCM motors are less powerful is simply because I don't think you ideally WANT that much force bring applied to the arm while it's in contact with the record. One little bit of dirt or vinyl shaving on that felt and with that much power you're going to carve a ring around your nice new record.

Again, this is just my opinion. Obviously some people really like the Squeaky Clean but it gives me the heebies just thinking about that.

That and just some dude 3D printing it and selling it on his homemade site and the hand turning are all huge turn offs for me.

That and just dude 3D printing it and selling it on his homemade site and the hand turning are all huge turn offs for me.

Between you two and The YouTube videos I may be convinced ...which eBay seller site was the 20% off offer on...?

Between you two and The YouTube videos I may be convinced ...which eBay seller site was the 20% off offer on...?

It was Peter Tyson the stores eBay site. I don’t think the sale is on now though? It appears periodically.

The sale isn’t on right now, this is the link to the seller

It was Peter Tyson the stores eBay site. I don’t think the sale is on now though? It appears periodically.

The sale isn’t on right now, this is the link to the seller

It’s been on twice in last 5 weeks tho.

Back