Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I haven't received Spiritualized yet but, reading about these issues is discouraging.
If I get a bum copy, I'll go for a refund, it would take too much time to get a replacement and I'm done with those guys.
I didn't even receive my July and August albums, they got lost and I had to request a refund.
I hope you get a clean copy. The portions that are clean sound great.

I just received my Spiritualized! Spinning it right now just to make sure I got a clean copy!

@Mather - Is side ‘1A3’ the third song on side 1? Gonna listen out for that distortion you’ve been talking about!
I've had 2 copies and neither has had that particular issue. The second copy has literally one pop at the start of Come Together and other than that is perfect. To be honest the first wasn't that bad. Just warped to the edge of what I considered acceptable (and obviously VMP too given I had a replacement in under a week and a half) so there are good copies about.

At the risk of defending VMP I think if people are unfamiliar with the album they need to A/B it with the CD or a stream as its built around a wall of sound in places and at times that can be confused as random noise... I'll stress that some people will have fucked copies and people on here are generally clued up... But there'll be part of the masses kicking off that don't realise that in places it's supposed to sound uncomfortably like having your head planted in a 1980s TV set between 2am and 6am in the morning. That's just the sort of fun guy Jason Spaceman is. You should see him do the Album live. Both amazing and paining in equal measures.

I just received my Spiritualized! Spinning it right now just to make sure I got a clean copy!

@Mather - Is side ‘1A3’ the third song on side 1? Gonna listen out for that distortion you’ve been talking about!
Yep, third song side one is the biggest problem. Usually when the chorus and horns kick in. Loud blasts of static or right channel distortion.

I've had 2 copies and neither has had that particular issue. The second copy has literally one pop at the start of Come Together and other than that is perfect. To be honest the first wasn't that bad. Just warped to the edge of what I considered acceptable (and obviously VMP too given I had a replacement in under a week and a half) so there are good copies about.

At the risk of defending VMP I think if people are unfamiliar with the album they need to A/B it with the CD or a stream as its built around a wall of sound in places and at times that can be confused as random noise... I'll stress that some people will have fucked copies and people on here are generally clued up... But there'll be part of the masses kicking off that don't realise that in places it's supposed to sound uncomfortably like having your head planted in a 1980s TV set between 2am and 6am in the morning. That's just the sort of fun guy Jason Spaceman is. You should see him do the Album live. Both amazing and paining in equal measures.
I’ve only spun the first side and it sounded great! The pressing sounds amazing too! I loved what I heard! Hoping the rest sounds good! Happy to hear your second copy is good and just has one pop!

I heard this Spiritualized album last year from @Joe Mac recommendation and enjoyed it but I’m not familiar with the album so I might not be able to pick up on the distortion. If I generally really enjoy what I hear though, I’ll be happy I guess :)

I need to check out Jason Spaceman’s live set of Ladies and Gentleman! Would be epic I’d imagine!

Yep, third song side one is the biggest problem. Usually when the chorus and horns kick in. Loud blasts of static or right channel distortion.
It sounded great to me! I loved the pulsating rumbling bass on the song. I’ll definitely give it another spin and will remember the horns in particular when they kick in! Thanks for letting me know :)

I need to check out Jason Spaceman’s live set of Ladies and Gentleman! Would be epic I’d imagine!
It was insane. He strobed the audience to pieces for about 2 hours solid. Was like being smashing in the face with a disco ball that had been wedged inside another disco ball, set on fire and then had a disco ball built around it. Sheeeeeeeee it it was crazy

It was insane. He strobed the audience to pieces for about 2 hours solid. Was like being smashing in the face with a disco ball that had been wedged inside another disco ball, set on fire and then had a disco ball built around it. Sheeeeeeeee it it was crazy
Oh my fucking goodness! This sounds like the best live show of all-time!!! 🤩🌀

I’m definitely going to check this set out! That description is insane!!! 🧪🌡💉🔬

Side note, is anyone able to add a track right now? Usually as soon as swaps are locked in I can add any track I didn't get last month. Want to add RHH but there's no option to do so. Possibly because for the first time ever they've already been announced? Or maybe it's sold out but usually if that was the case it would say so...

Side note, is anyone able to add a track right now? Usually as soon as swaps are locked in I can add any track I didn't get last month. Want to add RHH but there's no option to do so. Possibly because for the first time ever they've already been announced? Or maybe it's sold out but usually if that was the case it would say so...
I just tried and don’t have the option either.

Nope - I tried to add classics but I am unable.

I actually thought I'd cancelled a track... But its still there!

Back