Vinyl Me Please Essentials

This is my favorite time of the subscription cycle, when I get a notification that I have been charged by VMP and when I log in to my membership page, it says “hey non-member, have you ever thought about joining our club?”
Right now I’d accept that as a good result.

From the end of track one into the beginning of track two on Disk 1 side B There was a loud pop that would hit every rotation for a few minutes. Super annoying.

You scared me so I just checked that spot to be sure, and it's clean there too.... not that this means anything yet. I have to play it all. I'm off to go on my evening health walk through the neighborhood and I'll play the album through when I get back.

You scared me so I just checked that spot to be sure, and it's clean there too.... not that this means anything yet. I have to play it all. I'm off to go on my evening health walk through the neighborhood and I'll play the album through when I get back.
Yeah, the issues seem to be a QC related in that there are lots of issues but not a lot of consistency to what those issues are. I think that is a good thing because chances are there a few good copies out there.

I got my replacement copy of Spiritualized yesterday and gave disc 1 a spin and.... I think we’re good! Side B did have a noticeable visual scuff but thankfully didn’t effect playback and appears to be cosmetic. I need to listen to Disc 2 still but disc 2 of my first copy was fine so even if disc 2 of the new copy is jacked up I can still just combined the two to make one good copy.
I’m pretty sure I have 2 good disc 1 and 1 bowled disc 2 and 1 slightly warped disc 2. If both your disc 2’s are good and you want to swap to a non scuffed disc 1 let’s talk.

I’m pretty sure I have 2 good disc 1 and 1 bowled disc 2 and 1 slightly warped disc 2. If both your disc 2’s are good and you want to swap to a non scuffed disc 1 let’s talk.
Yeah, I haven’t listened to my second disc 2 yet (I know I have one good one). I will give it a listen tomorrow and if it’s in good shape we can trade (sadly this might be the most efficient way to get a good copy.

Last edited:
Yeah, I haven’t listened to my second disc 2 yet (I know I have one good one). I will give you t a listen tomorrow and if it’s in good shape we can trade (sadly this might be the most efficient way to get a good copy.
I’ll also listen to both of my disc 1’s again to confirm they play through. Big issue people are having was side B end of track 1 into 2, right?

I’ll also listen to both of my disc 1’s again to confirm they play through. Big issue people are having was side B end of track 1 into 2, right?

Also intermittent right channel distortion/static bursts in 1A3, starting around when the "I think I'm in love" chorus lyrics start.

I take it back, my Spiritualized Lp1 has distortion on side 1 and light clicks on side 2. The distortion is not as bad in 1A3 but it's there. And there are light clicks in 1B2. Ugh.
See, and I am by no means an audiophile but I have been listening to new albums all day and none have the issues that Spiritualized have had. My initial inclination was to just say fuck it and that’s as good as it’s gonna get but seriously nothing I have listened today has had any issues beyond Spiritualized. The Blonde Redhead LP I just spun was used and had some visual scuffs to the wax but it sounds great and it’s 9 years old. So goddammit I want a good copy of Spiritualized.

Last edited:
That has been my issue. Others have had some distortion issues at the end of the A side but for me it’s been the quiet section on disc 1 side b from the end of track 1 through the beginning of track 2.

See, and I am by no means an audiophile but I have been listening to new albums all day and none have the issues that Spiritualized have had. My initial inclination was to just say fuck it and that’s as good as it’s gonna get but seriously nothing I have listened to day has had any issues beyond Spiritualized. The Blonde Redhead LP I just spun was used and had some visual scuffs to the wax but it sounds great and it 9 years old. So goddammit I want a good copy of Spiritualized.

On top of that this record is going for the wall-of-sound and it's completely thrown off by the problems. The loud parts are distorted, the quiet parts are clicky.

On top of that this record is going for the wall-of-sound and it's completely thrown off by the problems. The loud parts are distorted, the quiet parts are clicky.
Yeah I think my first copy is actually cleaner overall than my second copy but that damn clicking was unbearable I actually went back and re listened to it after completing the replacement disc 1 just to see if I could get past the clicking but nope its too pronounced.

I'm replaying my original copy to check, and this one is free of clicks in 1B1-1B2.... the issues are definitely not the same on all the copies. But there are so many...
And that the frustrating part because you know this could be phenomenal had they shown just a bit of care in pulling them off the plates and packaging them.

Yeah 1A3 is the most prevalent issue spot.

I now think my original copy is better. The distortion bursts are present (which I missed initially - I think I was probably too close to the left speaker). I'm not sure which copy is worse there. But the new one has clicks in 1B2 and the original is clean there. So annoying.

Back