Vinyl Me Please Essentials

tbh i think voodoo might actually be his worst album... i never got why everyone called it one of his best when it was very much too long and too complicated
there you go again with that ...
w9VuM7P.gif

But then again, you love Black Messiah. I feel like I understand your music taste but at the same time I don’t at all...↘↙↖
well one is 20 minutes shorter and has a lot more going on in that time

also i am unsure if i want erykah badu so thats gonna be the hard part
Like do you love the album Blackout by Britney Spears? 🤔
i haven't heard it

Still, I understand why Voodoo ranked higher than Sign O’ The Times, just like I understand how Purple Rain ranked higher than Voodoo!

There’s a reason why Voodoo ranked so highly on the list; because it’s a freaking masterpiece! A lot of people think it’s the best album of the 2000’s; cough @Ghost cough!

Voodoo is still sounds very fresh! It’s contemporary, organic, buttery smooth, sensual, political, comforting and is an album where the instrumentals and vocals are beautifully layered! Crisp and dense, yet smooth and intricate! Voodoo is magnificent, it’s an album that melts in your mouth! ❤
Yes, Voodoo is probably my favorite album of all time. Nothing sounds more perfect to my ears lmao, like if I was on death row and they asked what album I want to hear before I die, there’s a damn good chance I’m saying Voodoo because it’s gonna hit my hip hop itch, my r&b itch, my soul itch, my funk itch, and my jazz itch ALL IN ONE ITCH. WHAT ELSE HITS THAT MANY BOXES AT ONCE?! That album makes love to my brain and tickles me into glee. Anyways, seems like we’re encountering a potential generational gap here, that Prince album is probably ranked lower than Voodoo because I’ve never of heard it before and probably a lot of people my age have never naturally encountered that music yet and those are the people that are probably influencing this list of music these days. Less Prince, more Drake and Taylor Swift lol, it’s a sign of the times mane.

Also, that was no pun intended but lol

Last edited:
i would debate them that Channel Orange is Frank's generation defining album in my opinion Blond doesn't compare in quality it's still a very solid album tho.
Both are awesome but IMO Blonde defines Frank and his generation more. It’s crazy how big of a moment in music history Blonde became. The mystery surrounding the album and its release. People watching that stream of the staircase for days and people getting excited about a new creak they swore they heard in the audio loop of the stream... The release of two albums in quick succession. It was just so much more of an experience when it came out than CO was. I think it also helped usher in more vulnerability in hip hop. People still freak out about Blonde today.

LMAO I KNOW!!! That was my reaction too! Actually, it was more of a ‘🙄’ face then a ‘😒/🤨’ face!

Pissing myself at Dukey! She always cracks me up unintentionally! 😂😂😂
btw i dont HATE voodoo.. its a 7-8/10... just not the perfect album everyone says... when someone calls something a perfect album i often think of the overhype

btw im very happy that my 2 favorite albums are in the top 500 now (comparing gerard way to david bowie might be a bit extreme but hey the end explicitely interpolates 5 years by david bowie so i wont judge too much)

btw im very happy that my 2 favorite albums are in the top 500 now (comparing gerard way to david bowie might be a bit extreme but hey the end explicitely interpolates 5 years by david bowie so i wont judge too much)
What are those two albums that you love that are now in the top 500!?!? 👀

i will probably one day grow up to call mamas gun and voodoo some of the best albums ever made, just not right now

also i will call bullshit on rolling stone about the beatles..

hot take: white album=Sgt Pepper>Abbey Road>Revolver>Rubber Soul

i will probably one day grow up to call mamas gun and voodoo some of the best albums ever made, just not right now

also i will call bullshit on rolling stone about the beatles..

hot take: white album=Sgt Pepper>Abbey Road>Revolver>Rubber Soul
To each their own for sure, but I gotta say it's funny that you rate White Album unconventionally high considering it is the longest and most complicated 😂.

To each their own for sure, but I gotta say it's funny that you rate White Album unconventionally high considering it is the longest and most complicated 😂.
variety

spice of life

also helps all but one of the songs are UNDER 5 minutes.. i mean i can like long and complex songs (i like yoko onos work, i like MBDTF and thats a pretty long album, even steve reichs music for 18 musicians), but longer specific songs can be an endurance test

1. In Rainbows
2. The Black Parade
Oh wow! The Black Parade! I don’t think i could ever get into that album because that emo Rock/pop sound on that album is a sound I just can’t do. I just previewed the first 3-4 songs and I couldn’t tolerate the music much. Although, it must be a great album if it’s now on the list!

I love In Rainbows too! It might be my favourite Radiohead album as well! It’s either that or OK Computer!

Oh wow! The Black Parade! I don’t think i could ever get into that album because that emo Rock/pop sound on that album is a sound I just can’t do. I just previewed the first 3-4 songs and I couldn’t tolerate the music much. Although, it must be a great album if it’s now on the list!
to each their own.. i just love emo pop rock as its basically what i lived with in my past (i think avril lavigne might have been one of the first signs of my transness) but i understand that its not for everyone, its very david bowie meets emo

I appreciate that it’s at least a much more diverse list. I think of it less as a list of the “Greatest” (what does that even mean?) and more as “most influential on music right now.” It shows a better representation of the albums that still have any impact on the musical landscape today. The list they had a while back was like all dusty old white dudes - i feel like the beatles and bob dylan both had 3 albums in the top ten. Sgt peppers was at #1 - it just made no sense. Marvin Gaye is a much better fit. Pet Sounds is still at #2 and rightfully so - that and What’s Going On are both still incredibly influential on new music being made today and also albums that people care about and want to own high quality pressings of and will regularly listen to. Joni Mitchell and Stevie Wonder belong in that conversation for sure. And I’m so here for Lauryn Hill at #10.

I love In Rainbows too! It might be my favourite Radiohead album as well! It’s either that or OK Computer!

Have you heard The King of Limbs? I think you might like it.

no way the poop parade or my chemical poop pants should of made the list not a greatest of all time tier album/band in my opinion.on the other hand glad to see In Rainbows on the list probably my 2nd fav Radiohead album after the Bends.

can i just say i LOVE that i now know that praising pet sounds (because its a classic) would mean making fun of mike love for thinking it could never work.. brian made one of the best of all time, mike made one of the worst albums ever made

Back