Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I'm on Side D now... overall it sounds really great! I noticed just a teeny bit of IGD towards the end of Side A, on a part where the vocals come in loudly/aggressively. Nothing repetitive though. Also some minor popping on Side C. Not deal breakers for me.

This is on an Ortofon Blue cart, FYI. Sorry you guys got bum copies. (n)
My first record sounds fantastic. Disc 2, however:

I spun my Spiritualized today for the first time, too. I think mine is fine other than the first track on Side A sounding really good, but then the second and third tracks sound a little thin/muffled in comparison - is anyone else hearing that? The rest of it sounded great to me.

Can you describe the distortion in more detail and I'll double check my copy? I was keeping an ear out for it after I saw @Mather post something about it last week.
Towards end of third track side A, pretty loud right channel distortion hits, in some cases sounds like buzzing or loud crackle. It's repetitive not constant. It's very apparent, if you didn't hear it you're probably all good. Also last half of side 4 lots of pops.

It's pretty similar to what @Mather describes. It's almost like I'm listening to it on a small speaker cranked to the max and there's noise creeping in if that helps. I do think it's only Side A where I have issues, but I need to give C/D another spin tomorrow before reaching out to CS.

Not that there was ever any doubt about what's coming next month, but someone posted the rules for a sweepstake a wee bit early, allowing it to be crawled by search engines. Whoops.

Last edited:
Back