Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I was rather disappointed when I read that it was Fat Possum has their hands in releasing this Spiritualized album.

I don't have anything against them as a label, but the releases I have from them aren't up there in quality.

But I know they are trying their best.
I mean, they didn't screw up the Call Me release. It seems at least with VMP, they let them put out a good reissue if they want to. Too bad they didn't go with a better plant since plenty of plants do solid colors though.

I mean, they didn't screw up the Call Me release. It seems at least with VMP, they let them put out a good reissue if they want to. Too bad they didn't go with a better plant since plenty of plants do solid colors though.

Yeah I imagine they’re thinking this will be a big seller and if you need a lot of records pressing in a short time frame GZ is pretty much the option sadly. GZ are so bloody frustrating, they’re capable of putting out really good sounding records but the QC across presses is all over the place so it’s pot luck.

Fat Possum is Spiritualized current US label they issued I think their last 2 albums. It would make sense for FP to acquire the rights I know they did the same thing with Royal Trux, and The Walkmen too
Do you know if Fat Possum owns all of the Walkmen catalog? Everyone Who Pretended to Like Me Is Gone is an album that's been on my wishlist forever. The current pressings are all really pricy and gets so-so reviews.

Do you know if Fat Possum owns all of the Walkmen catalog? Everyone Who Pretended to Like Me Is Gone is an album that's been on my wishlist forever. The current pressings are all really pricy and gets so-so reviews.
I am not sure, in looking over there back catalog all their albums on Record Collection and Startime Music have not been reissued by FP. I could see them doing reissues of the rest of their releases depending on the availability of their rights. I hope so, I would like to own EWPTLMIG.

• Cheers
Reactions: mgp
I've struggled with this Spiritualized album but I think I'm going to add it on. It's the last month of my 3-months-for-$60 deal, so Classics plus Essentials will round up to the usual $27. Not cheap, but fair. "Cop Shoot Cop" is what keeps pulling me back.
“Cop Shoot Cop” is the album’s crescendo for sure.

I recently got Sweet Heart Sweet Light from a Fat Possum sale and it sounded fine. Maybe lacking in the bass a little bit that could just be the recording. I don't recall any problems with And Nothing Hurt either
I have to double check mine, 'cogs says it's the UK press, unless I did it wrong (very possible).

Hey so, just got my De Stijl. This thing sounds like a Limewire rip. I mean credit where credit is due this is probably the first time in 3 years as a member that I can say a ROTM is a bad master but this one sucks.
Have fun chasing down one with slightly better fidelity for an exorbitant out amount of cash to replace a copy you already paid for...

...Says the guy that did the exact same thing, chasing Kevin Gray cut versions Guided By Voices and Pavement records.

Hey so, just got my De Stijl. This thing sounds like a Limewire rip. I mean credit where credit is due this is probably the first time in 3 years as a member that I can say a ROTM is a bad master but this one sucks.
Have fun chasing down one with slightly better fidelity for an exorbitant out amount of cash to replace a copy you already paid for...

...Says the guy that did the exact same thing, chasing Kevin Gray cut versions Guided By Voices and Pavement records.
Well funny thing is, the standard black is apparently the best master. So that shouldn't be hard in this case.

I am still looking for a copy of the KPG cut Under The Bushes Under The Stars. Unfortunately there was a recent non-KPG cut repress but the year is listed as “unknown” in Discogs so when people are trying to sell their copies of the newer repress they keep incorrectly listing it for sale under the KPG reissue as it is the newest reissue on black wax that has the year posted. So I have purchased and returned or canceled multiple orders due to it not being the correct version. I am gonna find a copy one of these days though.

I would like to get a reissue of Isolation Drills when they get round to it. Ive never picked that one up. But yah, I dont feel the need to upgrade what I've got already.

Back