Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Whether you dig the Spiritualized album or not, here's something worth a few minutes of your time. It's another band that, like Spiritualized, was formed by a former member of Spacemen 3. I had never heard of it until a few weeks ago when I was watching old episodes of 120 Minutes on Internet Archive.

Hope people like this and want it reissued as much as I do!

Over the last two months I’ve tried and tried to get into this Spiritualized album, but it’s not happening.

I really like the last two songs but the rest of the album is full of tracks I either don’t care for or (worse) actively annoy me, like “Come Together” (too much swearing) and the “Home of the Brave”/“The Individual” combo (way too noisy). The overall druggy vibe is just not for me. I’m still considering getting it because the second disc is interesting enough, but mostly I'm hoping there will be a better swaption before I cancel at the end of the month.
Completely makes sense.

I have said it before, I really like "Ladies and Gentlemen..." but of all the Spacemen 3 off-shoots/projects, Spiritualized are my least favourite. I find a lot of his work to be too busy, toss everything in but the kitchen sink. Sometimes it works other times not so much.

Agreed. I have seen em twice and they were amazing both times. The most recent time, Pierce was seated the entire show and it was still mind blowingly amazing.
I had a similar experience seeing Frank Ocean live a few years ago. Most of his show was him sitting there with a circle of musicians around him and it was at a festival with probably 10,000 people. It was the most intimate huge concert I have ever been to.

that "we are going to announce the next 3 months for every track" thing makes me go FOMO and im stressed now because i am scared i wont have any money

Back