Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Considering BG is recutting the lacquers I would assume this will pretty much be the exact same mastering as his previous release. There's no reason there would be a digital step added if they're simply recutting them, I wouldn't think. The text on the previous release is nebulous at best regarding whether it's actually AAA. I would guess it wasn't. Which is why this one also isn't.
It's not like the tapes were stored in BG's office though. It is possible that they for whatever reason, didn't make the tapes available this time. Without directly specific confirmation, it is hard to do anything other than speculate.

Considering BG is recutting the lacquers I would assume this will pretty much be the exact same mastering as his previous release. There's no reason there would be a digital step added if they're simply recutting them, I wouldn't think. The text on the previous release is nebulous at best regarding whether it's actually AAA. I would guess it wasn't. Which is why this one also isn't.
Cut from the original analog half-inch tapes and mastered by Bernie Grundman (engineer of the original release), the studio recordings have been lovingly pressed on 180-gram heavyweight vinyl.

I don't think that seems that nebulous? When places say "cut from the original analogue", they mean it went from analogue to analogue right? There always seems to be a distinction between "cut from" and "mastered from original tapes". Mastered from always seems to imply a digital step was added in mastering while "cut from" always seems to imply they cut the lacquer straight from the tape.

But I think @dhodo is right. There's no direct confirmation re: the 2015 cut outside of that press release while Storf clearly says this version is NOT AAA.

Cut from the original analog half-inch tapes and mastered by Bernie Grundman (engineer of the original release), the studio recordings have been lovingly pressed on 180-gram heavyweight vinyl.

I don't think that seems that nebulous? When places say "cut from the original analogue", they mean it went from analogue to analogue right? There always seems to be a distinction between "cut from" and "mastered from original tapes". Mastered from always seems to imply a digital step was added in mastering while "cut from" always seems to imply they cut the lacquer straight from the tape.

But I think @dhodo is right. There's no direct confirmation re: the 2015 cut outside of that press release while Storf clearly says this version is NOT AAA.
It does, but it isn't unprecedented for labels to say that when they mean "cut from (a digital master created from) the original analogue tapes." It is completely misleading and unscrupulous, but it has happened, so it makes it very hard to be confident without specific AAA statements.

The one thing VMP usually gets right is the sound quality from a mastering standpoint regarding their ROTM picks. Whatever the the truth is I am fairly confident it will sound good (if they are pressed properly). I agree they are intentionally opaque or apathetic on these issues especially when they know a good portion customer base is interested in these details.

Just out of curiosity, how is the "swap for credit" thing working out for people? Are people getting the value of their main track or the value of an addon (or either depending on which is swapped for credit)?

I haven't bothered with it because I assumed I would need to send a series or emails reminding them to add the credts to my account and that just seemed annoying.

The one thing VMP usually gets right is the sound quality from a mastering standpoint regarding their ROTM picks. Whatever the the truth is I am fairly confident it will sound good (if they are pressed properly). I agree they are intentionally opaque or apathetic on these issues especially when they know a good portion customer base is interested in these details.
I have a lot more confidence in BG than VMP as far as sound quality, which is to say I agree with you that I would expect this to be a great sounding reissue regardless.

Just out of curiosity, how is the "swap for credit" thing working out for people? Are people getting the value of their main track or the value of an addon (or either depending on which is swapped for credit)?

I haven't bothered with it because I assumed I would need to send a series or emails reminding them to add the credts to my account and that just seemed annoying.
I did it last month and it worked fine for me. Got $36 credit (international) on my main track swap. Used after the 2nd on a couple of pre-orders. Not sure if I tried to buy something in stock if it would have shipped this month or not.

I did it last month and it worked fine for me. Got $36 credit (international) on my main track swap. Used after the 2nd on a couple of pre-orders. Not sure if I tried to buy something in stock if it would have shipped this month or not.
Did you swap your main for credit then have 1 or 2 add on tracks? Or did you only swap your main for credit with no add ons?

It does, but it isn't unprecedented for labels to say that when they mean "cut from (a digital master created from) the original analogue tapes." It is completely misleading and unscrupulous, but it has happened, so it makes it very hard to be confident without specific AAA statements.
Yeah this, I don't take any language around "Mastered from" or "Cut from" to mean anything in regards to AAA unless it's specifically stated like Speakers Corner or AP.

You get the value of whatever track you are swapping. You will get $27 for a US swap on your main subscription and $23 on your add-ons. You cannot swap an add-on track for $27 in credit.

I think the email is going out in batches through the day, so don't assume right now they know who is in what bucket.
if i'm assuming anything it's the later that i'm getting it in Oct..i assume the worst about this club but some how i get suckered back into buying their records.it's one of those things you have to laugh/joke about or it could go to a place annoyance, that's why their is a comical emoji at the end.for the most part i don't let the little annoyances of record collecting get to me i try not to sweat the small stuff.

You get the value of whatever track you are swapping. You will get $27 for a US swap on your main subscription and $23 on your add-ons. You cannot swap an add-on track for $27 in credit.
Thanks, sounds like its most worth it to swap the main track. Maybe i'll try it a different month

So I re-subbed on 1st July, have not received my July package or a reply to the email I sent 10 days ago, and well if I can’t get Julys vinyl I’m not holding out any hope for the August package. This has been a disastrous return !
I finally understand the issues other people had. During my first 3 years I had very few issues. Delivery was always a consistent date and they would reply to my emails very quickly.
Must have made me BOTS for leaving 🙂

not necessarily $27 for your main sub.you get credit for how much you paid for that main sub for ex. i paid 3 month sub at $60 so for 1 month swap for credit i got a $20 credit.which kind of sucked for me since you can't buy anything for just $20 but i understand you get what you pay for.it worked out for me tho since they dropped a store exclusive i really wanted and the $20 credit really helped on that purchase tho i still had to come out of pocket.

not necessarily $27 for your main sub.you get credit for how much you paid for that main sub for ex. i paid 3 month sub at $60 so for 1 month swap for credit i got a $20 credit.which kind of sucked for me since you can't buy anything for just $20 but i understand you get what you pay for.it worked out for me tho since they dropped a store exclusive i really wanted and the $20 credit really helped on that purchase tho i still had to come out of pocket.
Right--I should have specified that I was using a regular US 3 month subscription as my example.

Thanks, sounds like its most worth it to swap the main track. Maybe i'll try it a different month
It's a better deal for international members to swap for credit. I think it only makes sense to swap for store credit as a US customer if you do not like any of the 3 tracks and want to buy a store pre-order.

Back