Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Notice: Keep scrolling if you're tired of discussion around delays with The White Stripes.
___

I'm sure I'm bringing up an old sore subject here that's been talked to death at this point. I haven't been following this thread, but I was just informed by VMP Support that The White Stripes is not only delayed, but will now be shipping with our July ROTM shipments. Does anyone else find this completely unacceptable?
Delays happen, I get it. I don't doubt the production delays caused by the national shut down, and I'm willing to forgive that. What I don't find acceptable is the company selecting to hold shipments vs sending them out as soon as they get them. This is a lot less about timing, and a lot more about money. Sure, it's nothing to subscribers because they get "free" shipping. But ultimately we are allowing the company to pocket a full month of shipping expenses. If you figure $3/box, and 20K subs carrying over, the company is being allowed to pocket an estimated $60K BECAUSE THEY FAILED TO DELIVER? Am I the only one taking issue with this? I for one will not stand for a company effectively giving themselves a big fat bonus for missing a deadline and choosing to take the easy way out, instead of the right way out. I hope others are demanding a refund on their June shipping charges.
Sorry again to rehash a whole discussion I likely missed. I just had to voice this to a group I felt would understand. Venting/rant over.

If you figure $3/box, and 20K subs carrying over, the company is being allowed to pocket an estimated $60K BECAUSE THEY FAILED TO DELIVER?

This, once again, feels like Vinyl Me, Please thinking they are subscribers "friends" and it'll be okay if "we just do what's best for ourselves because you want us to be happy and prosper". I mentioned this in the Anthology thread when someone did not get one of the albums in the Anthology and VMP told them, "we don't have anymore of those, but you can pick anything else we have". The company should always eat the cost of putting customers out. Everyone already paid for the album, and shipping is part of the deal. As soon as they get the album, they should ship the album.

Now that I've said that, I don't mind the fact they are shipping together based from a timeframe standpoint. Shit, if they shipped out AFTER my July records did, I'd be fine. What I don't like is the company deciding that they are going to go ahead and save themselves some money after they already sat with everyone's money for a month.

Do I hate VMP? Of course not. I'm subscribed to all 3 tracks and I think they are actually an important part of the vinyl community with how they seem to actually get a lot of represses (and first presses) out to their subscribers. But, it's a comedy of errors over there on the business end. I feel like the boardroom in that company is a Monty Python sketch of corporate buffoonery on a weekly basis. It's almost impressive how a music related business could be so tone-deaf to their customers' issues.

Notice: Keep scrolling if you're tired of discussion around delays with The White Stripes.
___

I'm sure I'm bringing up an old sore subject here that's been talked to death at this point. I haven't been following this thread, but I was just informed by VMP Support that The White Stripes is not only delayed, but will now be shipping with our July ROTM shipments. Does anyone else find this completely unacceptable?
Delays happen, I get it. I don't doubt the production delays caused by the national shut down, and I'm willing to forgive that. What I don't find acceptable is the company selecting to hold shipments vs sending them out as soon as they get them. This is a lot less about timing, and a lot more about money. Sure, it's nothing to subscribers because they get "free" shipping. But ultimately we are allowing the company to pocket a full month of shipping expenses. If you figure $3/box, and 20K subs carrying over, the company is being allowed to pocket an estimated $60K BECAUSE THEY FAILED TO DELIVER? Am I the only one taking issue with this? I for one will not stand for a company effectively giving themselves a big fat bonus for missing a deadline and choosing to take the easy way out, instead of the right way out. I hope others are demanding a refund on their June shipping charges.
Sorry again to rehash a whole discussion I likely missed. I just had to voice this to a group I felt would understand. Venting/rant over.

Honestly, I think you're giving them too much credit. I think they are just incompetent. Last month, I had three different boxes sent at the same time, when they all could have been packaged together and saved them shipping.

This worries me because I'm not getting a July shipment since I'm swapping for store credit.
If it was a normal company, I would say I'm sure they'll ship it on it's own. Because it's VMP, I'd say you should probably email them to confirm because I'm sure they overlooked that scenario and who knows what they'll actually do.

___

They did announce this at the end of May, both via email and on their website. They even had an article of suggesting swaps out. They said back in May that it was going with the July box.

There's a lot to complain about VMP, but this was one thing that was communicated in multiple channels.

On the shipping issues, I wish they had provided even $5 in store credit as a sorry for the issue. I think their prices are too inflated due to free shipping and they do open themselves up for these type of complaints.

What I don't like is the company deciding that they are going to go ahead and save themselves some money after they already sat with everyone's money for a month.
Exactly, this was my main point. They are financially rewording themselves for failing to deliver on a core product.

They did announce this at the end of May, both via email and on their website. They even had an article of suggesting swaps out. They said back in May that it was going with the July box.

There's a lot to complain about VMP, but this was one thing that was communicated in multiple channels.

On the shipping issues, I wish they had provided even $5 in store credit as a sorry for the issue. I think their prices are too inflated due to free shipping and they do open themselves up for these type of complaints.
Thank you for the clarification. I did remember seeing a notice that the album would be delayed, but I did not see the other details. Maybe I skimmed to fast. Doesn't change the fact that they are skimming on shipping charges though. I am still mad about that.

___

As often as this happens, you almost wonder if it's a purposeful money making grab on their part. We all know our free shipping is factored into the price, so it's not farfetched to consider this into the equation. Otherwise, wouldn't you get them to your subscribers as soon as they come in, if for nothing more than a quick apology for the delay? Makes a man want to say, "Hmmm..."

Either that or when the other person wants to talk at length about a chart star, let’s say Robbie Williams or The Killers or here in Ireland I get Kodaline a lot, that you don’t like so much and you try to be polite whilst frantically looking for the conversation exit point.

I can't even understand the existence of Kodaline. It's a mystery to me why that bands exists.

Curious if y'all know. Can I sign up for a single month in late-August to obtain the Spiritualized release? I've been after that for some time but have only seen the Plain version in the wild and have avoided that pressing due to their poor reputation.

Or do you think Spiritualized will sell out prior to August? I imagine there are a lot of people who want a clean copy of that title, but not all 10k or 20k subscribers (whatever the number may be). For most, I'd say Ladies and Gentlemen...has fallen under the radar.

Nothing really interests me for a 3 month subscription. I suppose if that Otis Redding, Al Green, Blossom Dearie, or Aretha Now albums were available, I'd sign up and swap for those titles, but they're all gone.

Curious if y'all know. Can I sign up for a single month in late-August to obtain the Spiritualized release? I've been after that for some time but have only seen the Plain version in the wild and have avoided that pressing due to their poor reputation.

Or do you think Spiritualized will sell out prior to August? I imagine there are a lot of people who want a clean copy of that title, but not all 10k or 20k subscribers (whatever the number may be). For most, I'd say Ladies and Gentlemen...has fallen under the radar.

Nothing really interests me for a 3 month subscription. I suppose if that Otis Redding, Al Green, Blossom Dearie, or Aretha Now albums were available, I'd sign up and swap for those titles, but they're all gone.
I don't know that they will get rid of the 1 month subs soon, but your guess is as good as mine. Essentials is the biggest sub out of all three so it will get the most pressed if that helps at all...it also depends what the other 2 albums are that month. I anticipate it to be popular, but I also probably wouldn't sign up for 3 months just for it if you don't like anything else.

You can always sign up for a 3 month and use the other two months to swap for store credit. I saw that option was recently added.

I think I already know the answer, but am I right in thinking that if I sign up for the 3 for 2 VMP offer I can swap? Would sign up for Spiritualized but would like to swap Mayer for Jorge Ben.

I think I already know the answer, but am I right in thinking that if I sign up for the 3 for 2 VMP offer I can swap? Would sign up for Spiritualized but would like to swap Mayer for Jorge Ben.
Should be able to. You can sign up for any essentials or RHH pick. Also worth noting that July will be your first month of the sub.

Back