Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Ahh. I see. But I think you just got a bum copy. Pallas has an excellent reputation. I can be very cynical at times as well, but the QOTSA and Aretha were generally very good pressings and sound excellent. As was the Flaming Lips. Aside, it's not just VMP, modern vinyl pressings are really hit or miss these days. I've received numerous warped audiophile LPs from plants like QRP and RTI. Drives me nuts, and makes me wonder why I stay in this hobby with how obsessive I've become about analyzing records for minor edge warps, off center pressings, minor sleeve scuffs.

Agreed. Those plants have better QC but they have dropped the ball a LOT recently. Which kills me as so many labels and audiophiles wont shut up about them.

Has anyone posted the link to the store page? Has a video and I can add it to my cart
I just caught this link too. Looks to be next months ROTM? Stamped with Essentials so...

Has anyone posted the link to the store page? Has a video and I can add it to my cart

Sooooo it's 2LP but only lists A side and B side of LP1 are they doing bonus tracks?

looks like it's the expanded edition which features 5 live tracks and some bonus tracks
So does the original pressing according to discogs, and its 180g. I sure hope they update that page before announcement day. So far we have standard weight, standard speed, no download code and pressed at GZ. No mention of a remaster either. It doesn’t get any lazier than that.

So does the original pressing according to discogs, and its 180g. I sure hope they update that page before announcement day. So far we have standard weight, standard speed, no download code and pressed at GZ. No mention of a remaster either. It doesn’t get any lazier than that.
I only see the expanded edition on CD on Discogs unless I'm missing something.

I only see the expanded edition on CD on Discogs unless I'm missing something.
It’s listed in the notes section at the bottom of the page, but it may mean that the download comes with those addition tracks and not the vinyl I guess. Does anyone own it that can confirm? Also, the average sale price is 12 bucks.

It’s listed in the notes section at the bottom of the page, but it may mean that the download comes with those addition tracks and not the vinyl I guess. Does anyone own it that can confirm? Also, the average sale price is 12 bucks.

I have an original copy of the record, it's only 1LP but I got it used so no download code I also have it on cassette but not sure I ever used the download code for that... I'm feeling really helpful at the moment

My read of the discogs summary is that the b-sides and live tracks are MP3s that come as a download with the album...it's not clear whether that's the case with the UK release (which only notes that a sticker says that it comes with MP3s of the album).

Back