Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I see that Aretha is showing as sold out in the store. Does anybody know whether this is some glitch or will it be available as a swap at the end of the month?

My guess is either a glitch or they are holding back copies for replacements.

my guess is the new system doesn’t allow them to take the current ROTM out of the store so they mark it OOS until the following month when it becomes available for sale.

my guess is the new system doesn’t allow them to take the current ROTM out of the store so they mark it OOS until the following month when it becomes available for sale.
That makes sense. Very unlikely to sell out any time soon. They seem to have figured out proper quantities for the essentials, even the most popular essential releases stick around for a few months.

Well I supposedly have a Brubeck replacement coming my way anyway since I later learned it was incredibly noisy, but as far as I can tell it still hasn't shipped, even though they told me it would ASAP 3 weeks ago.

Guess you're on the customers we care about list. Good luck!
I’m in the same situation, I don’t think we’re getting these replacements

I finally listened to my QOTSA. I find it darkly hilarious that the entire album is totally clean and flat and sounds great... until you get to the final ring out note on the final track on the final side where I have the patented GZ pressing crackle that gives about 6 good loud crackles and snaps as the final note rings out.
Does it ruin the other 99.9999999% of the pressing?
No.
Am I asking for a replacement or a refund?
Yes.
I'm so sick of this shit.

I finally listened to my QOTSA. I find it darkly hilarious that the entire album is totally clean and flat and sounds great... until you get to the final ring out note on the final track on the final side where I have the patented GZ pressing crackle that gives about 6 good loud crackles and snaps as the final note rings out.
No.
Yes.
Damn, just damn.

No.
Yes.
My SFTD had a scratch right on the first track. A few clicks during the beginning. Still waiting on a replacement.

Btw I sent an Email to CS earlier this week cause I knew they wouldn't answer on the 15th. You all should do the same.

Got this from VMP this morning when I asked about delayed shipments:

Hi there,

Sincere apologies about the shipping delays and the confusion that this has caused. Our warehouse is currently working extended shifts during the week, and extra shifts over the weekend, but we are still catching up. We know you may be hoping to get your orders delivered in time for the holidays and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience these delays may cause. Our entire team is working extended hours and doing everything we can to get your records to you as quickly as possible.

BUNDLING:

If you ordered multiple records for December (or have outstanding records from November that you’re waiting on), you may be wondering why you are getting multiple shipments, or why some of your records have shipped already but others haven't. This is because of the way our system has been bundling orders. In prior months, all of your orders would have been bundled into a single shipment. This process is still being refined on our new system and is not yet perfect. We’re working on tightening the bundling process up moving forward, and we expect things to be more like the old experience in the coming months.

PROGRESS UPDATE:

With Black Friday, December renewals, and so many titles that were previously on pre-order coming into stock this month, our orders in December are 20%+ higher than they have been in any previous month. Our warehouse has completed about 70% of the December orders thus far, and is continuing to work overtime until we get the remaining 40% shipped.

INVENTORY / SHIPPING TIMELINES:

Currently, there are no delayed titles, including titles that were previously delayed in November. This includes:

John Coltrane 'Blue World'
Merle Haggard 'Live From Austin, TX '78’
Waylon Jennings 'Live From Austin, TX '84'
Floating Points 'Crush’
Vince Guaraldi Trio 'A Charlie Brown Christmas (Audiophile Edition)’
Spoon ‘Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga’
Wild Flag ‘Wild Flag’
Sholohmo ‘Bad Vibes’
Black Pumas ‘Black Pumas’
The Rolling Stones ‘Let it Bleed’
TLC ‘Fanmail’, ‘Crazy Sexy Cool’
Beck ‘Hyperspace’ -- This was originally delayed to January due to the label’s warehouse but is now en route to us and will ship this month.

Unfortunately, at this time, our customer support team members are unable to offer detailed statuses on orders which are marked “unfulfilled”. Please know that these orders haven’t been lost, and will be packed and shipped out as soon as possible. All tracking information will be sent via email as things leave the warehouse.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by these delays. Please let us know if you have any other questions or if we can do anything to help.

Got this from VMP this morning when I asked about delayed shipments:

Hi there,

Sincere apologies about the shipping delays and the confusion that this has caused. Our warehouse is currently working extended shifts during the week, and extra shifts over the weekend, but we are still catching up. We know you may be hoping to get your orders delivered in time for the holidays and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience these delays may cause. Our entire team is working extended hours and doing everything we can to get your records to you as quickly as possible.

BUNDLING:

If you ordered multiple records for December (or have outstanding records from November that you’re waiting on), you may be wondering why you are getting multiple shipments, or why some of your records have shipped already but others haven't. This is because of the way our system has been bundling orders. In prior months, all of your orders would have been bundled into a single shipment. This process is still being refined on our new system and is not yet perfect. We’re working on tightening the bundling process up moving forward, and we expect things to be more like the old experience in the coming months.

PROGRESS UPDATE:

With Black Friday, December renewals, and so many titles that were previously on pre-order coming into stock this month, our orders in December are 20%+ higher than they have been in any previous month. Our warehouse has completed about 70% of the December orders thus far, and is continuing to work overtime until we get the remaining 40% shipped.

INVENTORY / SHIPPING TIMELINES:

Currently, there are no delayed titles, including titles that were previously delayed in November. This includes:

John Coltrane 'Blue World'
Merle Haggard 'Live From Austin, TX '78’
Waylon Jennings 'Live From Austin, TX '84'
Floating Points 'Crush’
Vince Guaraldi Trio 'A Charlie Brown Christmas (Audiophile Edition)’
Spoon ‘Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga’
Wild Flag ‘Wild Flag’
Sholohmo ‘Bad Vibes’
Black Pumas ‘Black Pumas’
The Rolling Stones ‘Let it Bleed’
TLC ‘Fanmail’, ‘Crazy Sexy Cool’
Beck ‘Hyperspace’ -- This was originally delayed to January due to the label’s warehouse but is now en route to us and will ship this month.

Unfortunately, at this time, our customer support team members are unable to offer detailed statuses on orders which are marked “unfulfilled”. Please know that these orders haven’t been lost, and will be packed and shipped out as soon as possible. All tracking information will be sent via email as things leave the warehouse.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by these delays. Please let us know if you have any other questions or if we can do anything to help.
Yep. That's the response we've all been getting. Except now it says 70% (but still 40% unfilled? Math is hard.)

My Aretha arrived out of the blue. No shipping notice or anything. Have to say, it's pretty awesome. Sounds great. Totally dig the vinyl color. Cool packaging. Great print. It's in my TOP 5 all-time albums. I rejoined just to get it and am pretty damn happy.
Was it USPS, as usual, or did they use UPS or Fedex? With shipping so messed up, it occurred to me they may have gone a different route to try to catch up...

No.
Yes.
Pretty sure it's a Pallas pressing, not GZ.

You are correct. I have the patented GZ crackle at the end of a side that Pallas has expertly copied in order to keep the VMP horrible pressing defect continuity in line with their usual releases...
Ahh. I see. But I think you just got a bum copy. Pallas has an excellent reputation. I can be very cynical at times as well, but the QOTSA and Aretha were generally very good pressings and sound excellent. As was the Flaming Lips. Aside, it's not just VMP, modern vinyl pressings are really hit or miss these days. I've received numerous warped audiophile LPs from plants like QRP and RTI. Drives me nuts, and makes me wonder why I stay in this hobby with how obsessive I've become about analyzing records for minor edge warps, off center pressings, minor sleeve scuffs.

Ahh. I see. But I think you just got a bum copy. Pallas has an excellent reputation. I can be very cynical at times as well, but the QOTSA and Aretha were generally very good pressings and sound excellent. As was the Flaming Lips. Aside, it's not just VMP, modern vinyl pressings are really hit or miss these days. I've received numerous warped audiophile LPs from plants like QRP and RTI. Drives me nuts, and makes me wonder why I stay in this hobby with how obsessive I've become about analyzing records for minor edge warps, off center pressings, minor sleeve scuffs.
My Flaming Lips disc 2 had a one inch scratch on it. I reserve the right to be salty.

Back