Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I stopped paying attention when the mention of represses, no represses started and they kept going back and forth, lol..........that being said, to @Murfocakes point, I would agree that the Demon Day's cow has been milked pretty well, why not do something new instead of digging up older presses, that honestly would piss me off if I payed a premium thinking they wouldn't be available again.

Anywho, if you want em', need em', there they are ;)

Fiona Apple could do with a repress as it is currently OOP. I suppose something being in colour stops mattering after a while. If it saves me £3 or do i’ll Stick with classic black vinyl.

Surprised you don’t have it Joe. Back into the arms of your old friends. Be careful Joe. They hurt you before, they really hurt you

I have it on cd. I didn’t own a record player in 2002 and it’s never been repressed, it’s nearly €300 a copy at this stage.

I stopped paying attention when the mention of represses, no represses started and they kept going back and forth, lol..........that being said, to @Murfocakes point, I would agree that the Demon Day's cow has been milked pretty well, why not do something new instead of digging up older presses, that honestly would piss me off if I payed a premium thinking they wouldn't be available again.

Anywho, if you want em', need em', there they are ;)

I never had much sympathy for that line of argument, they press multiple thousand copies every month, they’re not numbered. Also I have little time for limited editions and collectors focused on numbers or values, let all of the people get what they want!

I have it on cd. I didn’t own a record player in 2002 and it’s never been repressed, it’s nearly €300 a copy at this stage.

I never had much sympathy for that line of argument, they press multiple thousand copies every month, they’re not numbered. Also I have little time for limited editions and collectors focused on numbers or values, let all of the people get what they want!

I meant Demon Days rather than Songs For The Deaf, sorry for my lack of clarity.

I understand that, but you my friend have patience, like I do, but there are so many who don't. And while I agree it's hard to sympathize with that way of thinking, it still follows suite into VMPs way of doing business, FOMO and all........which I'm not a fan of. But I digress, I don't want to stir all the VMP stuff up, lol.

I love The Soft Bulletin, it’s one of my favorite indie rock albums ever. I do not own it on vinyl. So yes storf is right.

The common complaint that “everyone who loves it already owns it” is fucking insane. You know how many records I have loved in my life? If I owned every single one on vinyl I would be divorced and be living in a house constructed of said records.

The only kids he knew growing up who liked them were mean to him. Or something very similar to that.
From what I remember it was something like a guy with a Tool bumper sticker on his jeep put his Weiner on his arm and called and called him a bad word for looking at it.
Seriously? I'm sorry but that's kind of a not great reason to ruin it for the rest of us. I'm sorry that happened to Storf, but come on.

Here's his quote from the Twitters

The guy who would put his dick on you in the locker room and who'd call you gay if you tried to get away from him (???) used to listen to that "pieces fit" song at top volume on the gym boombox. Hope his streamer of choice having Tool now is good news for him.

So thanks to that random gross Tool fan we can't have nice things.

😞 😞

EDIT: I even asked if they would do it as an exclusive and he still said no. God damn, what is his problem with tool?

More likely the other/real reason is that they can't get a deal with Tool. We know from years ago that they tried, more than once, back when Severan was still with the company. Granted, they were a lot less of a powerhouse entity back then, but still, my guess is that even now there are barriers that make it even easier to dismiss than if it was just a band that they don't like (which also seems to be the case).

More likely the other/real reason is that they can't get a deal with Tool. We know from years ago that they tried, more than once, back when Severan was still with the company. Granted, they were a lot less of a powerhouse entity back then, but still, my guess is that even now there are barriers that make it even easier to dismiss than if it was just a band that they don't like (which also seems to be the case).

Agreed. I mean, if Tool can create demand for a CD, they don't need any help moving Vinyl. And given the amount of creative control they hold I can't see them working with other people, unless they do represses of the entire catalog and variants of the earlier albums.

Nope. I heard Maynard personally begged Storf to press all of Tools albums, but he said no way!!! Some guy showed me his ding dong and now we will never press your crummy bands records. True story

Back