Vinyl Me Please Essentials

True, but it’s more “essential” of an album than many of their other picks in the past. So lazy isn’t all that bad.
It's only a let down if you already have it, as I do. Not sure what they'd have to do to make me want it over the 2011 reissue I already have.

Looks like it isn't readily available for cheap though, so that's better than some of their picks.

Edit: It's around some places but is $30.

Storf said they were doing 2 exclusives too. Me thinks it’s either gonna be their most recent releases but there wouldn’t necessarily be a big demand for those in exclusive colors since they were released in colored wax and still readily available, or perhaps more likely, the two albums that weren’t Ziareeka. (Though it would be super cool if they put out a copy of Ziareeka with all the music mixed together on a single album) released prior to The Soft Bulletin; Clouds Taste Metallic and Transmissions From The Satellite Heart. I doubt they will do Yoshimi or At War With The Mystics since they would be ripe for their own anniversary releases in the near future but who knows. Regardless, even though I own a copy I would be cool with an anniversary edition.

There is a 2017 remaster on spotify which is more recent than the last vinyl pressing, so maybe it will be that?
Hmm maybe? I wonder how it was recorded? They seem like an analog type of band but that might have stopped with The Soft Bulletin with all of the electronics and what not. I can’t say I’m well versed in all of the different releases but the vinyl copy I have from like eight years ago sound pretty good. Packaging kind of lacks though with the single sleeve.

Hmm maybe? I wonder how it was recorded? They seem like an analog type of band but that might have stopped with The Soft Bulletin with all of the electronics and what not. I can’t say I’m well versed in all of the different releases but the vinyl copy I have from like eight years ago sound pretty good. Packaging kind of lacks though with the single sleeve.
It was their first Pro Tools album so I would imagine it a digital recording. Also, if I recall, they had "loudness wars" issues with many of their albums from that time. A good remastering might do it wonders. I haven't heard the 2017 remastering so that might be fine.

Found another - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Let Love In.

Wikipedia says 8th studio album, but they released a live album the year before, so... 🤷‍♂️

I doubt it's that, and if it's that, it would need to be exceptional to be worth it, as the recent pressings are all you could expect from a good reissue.

Some kind of B-sides collections or a second record with a live recording. If it's only a colour variant, then it'll be a hard pass, even if this is my favourite Cave record.

Back