Vinyl Me Please Country

My guess for first record of the Dolly ROTM club is this.

Hereyoucomeagain.jpg
They should start at her first album and go from there.

Have we determined whether this is all Dolly albums or whether it's her picks for country albums?

I hope it’s all Dolly, no Dolly curation please.

I don't know, she's been in it a minute and knows/knew everyone, she may have some deep diamonds in that mine.

For example: Mac Davis. Some of his 70's LP's are fantastic. I personally swear by the I Believe In Music album. It's disguised as a country album, but it's more folk, gospel, funk, and rock. Plus you get his biggest known song (the title track) as well as songs he wrote that other people made famous ("Watching Scotty Grow," "A Little Less Conversation"). Considering he has mostly been forgotten, it's worth the conversation for rediscovery.

I don't know, she's been in it a minute and knows/knew everyone, she may have some deep diamonds in that mine.

For example: Mac Davis. Some of his 70's LP's are fantastic. I personally swear by the I Believe In Music album. It's disguised as a country album, but it's more folk, gospel, funk, and rock. Plus you get his biggest known song (the title track) as well as songs he wrote that other people made famous ("Watching Scotty Grow," "A Little Less Conversation"). Considering he has mostly been forgotten, it's worth the conversation for rediscovery.
I mean what exactly would be the point of two country tracks except one is curated by Dolly?

Not a lot of chatter about Marty Stuart. I know nothing about him and the release year is not what I associate with the type of country music I usually enjoy (classic outlaw from the 70s, current alt-country) but there's some quality pickin' on here, no?
He’s very talented, he was a bit of a child prodigy, he was touring as part of Lester Flatt’s backing band by the age of 14 as a mandolinist. The album, Busy Bee Cafe features some all time great Bluegrass talent.

Not a lot of chatter about Marty Stuart. I know nothing about him and the release year is not what I associate with the type of country music I usually enjoy (classic outlaw from the 70s, current alt-country) but there's some quality pickin' on here, no?

He also shot his shot. He said he was going to marry Connie Smith one day and he did just that.

It's a good record from a very talented and underappreciated (outside the industry) musician. I really enjoyed his contributions to the Ken Burns country doc series.

If it wasn't for the increased cost of add-ons, I'd have bought it. Not sure how many more are like me, but I'm betting it's a lot higher than the number of diehard Stuart fans who jumped in for this record.

It's a good record from a very talented and underappreciated (outside the industry) musician. I really enjoyed his contributions to the Ken Burns country doc series.

If it wasn't for the increased cost of add-ons, I'd have bought it. Not sure how many more are like me, but I'm betting it's a lot higher than the number of diehard Stuart fans who jumped in for this record.
Yeah I mean I wouldn't pay $37 out of pocket for it either, but I'm in the middle of my 1-year sub, so my choices are getting this or Classics (Black Nasty? no thanks), swapping for credit (already have $100 in credit), or swapping for....what? Maybe Tammy?

Back