Vinyl Me Please Country

I think it’s the record, tbh. Is this a weight or a clamp?
I mean, yes the record itself is terrible. Just purchased today, brand new. Not a GZ pressing this time, but MPO.

Nothing will fix an edge warp short of flattening. A clamp will do a better job than a weight, but that is not a record that can be fixed by a weight. A bowl or dish can be fixed by a weight but only on one side. I use the weight for flat records, reduces resonance.. you get tighter bass and less noise if you are isolated properly.
Maybe it’s just time to invest in a vinyl flat. I upgraded my turntable this year, and just upgraded my stylus. I’ve watched a few videos where the stabilizer seemed to help warping, but I know nothing is going to help the one i posted. I was just testing the thing out to see if it made any subtle difference.

I mean, yes the record itself is terrible. Just purchased today, brand new. Not a GZ pressing this time, but MPO.

Maybe it’s just time to invest in a vinyl flat. I upgraded my turntable this year, and just upgraded my stylus. I’ve watched a few videos where the stabilizer seemed to help warping, but I know nothing is going to help the one i posted. I was just testing the thing out to see if it made any subtle difference.
I mean, there is a notable difference in your picture with the weight. @Mather is on the money right above your post. That will help, but yeah a vinyl flat is what that record needs.

@Mather, are there any specific tables this works best on? I just got the Audio Technica AT-LP7 a couple of months ago. Not sure I could get your suggestions to work.
Well yeah I mean it's tougher without a screw on clamp which is something that a table has to come with. But a Mitchell clamp is the one everyone says works best with most tables and it may do the trick. But it's certainly more difficult when you can't actually screw it down.

But the idea is just to get enough torque that you can press the record down over the small washer and that will flatten the edges. But obviously that requires the clamp to have a pretty solid purchase on the spindle.

Well yeah I mean it's tougher without a screw on clamp which is something that a table has to come with. But a Mitchell clamp is the one everyone says works best with most tables and it may do the trick. But it's certainly more difficult when you can't actually screw it down.

But the idea is just to get enough torque that you can press the record down over the small washer and that will flatten the edges. But obviously that requires the clamp to have a pretty solid purchase on the spindle.
I’ll look into it and see what I can figure out. I may need to contact AT and see what they recommend. I don’t post on here much, but pretty sure you and I receive an exorbitant amount of damaged records from various places! Hopefully it gets better someday.

I’ll look into it and see what I can figure out. I may need to contact AT and see what they recommend. I don’t post on here much, but pretty sure you and I receive an exorbitant amount of damaged records from various places! Hopefully it gets better someday.
Yeah man, I remember all your warp posts in the past.
SOLIDARITY BROTHER
and it is currently not really getting any better.

Hopefully the new VMP plant will rectify a lot of these problems. I enjoy collecting, but the joy empties a little more every time something like this comes along.
I have faith in the folks that VMP has hired to a do a good job. I have faith in VMP to fuck stuff up whenever possible. So, I'm unsure what will happen with the new plant.

I will say this, that we should expect some nonsense at launch as it's hard to get these things up and running and to get QC honed in. I'm hopeful though.

I have faith in the folks that VMP has hired to a do a good job. I have faith in VMP to fuck stuff up whenever possible. So, I'm unsure what will happen with the new plant.

I will say this, that we should expect some nonsense at launch as it's hard to get these things up and running and to get QC honed in. I'm hopeful though.
Yeah I'm definitely playing the long game on this one. I'm sure there will be many months of horrific pressing issues before they get it all sorted. But I'm going in with an open mind and I hope they pull it off.

Back