Vinyl Me Please Country

Both were flat. The first had BAD static on the last track both sides.

Second copy is perfect!
Guess it’s just bad luck for me! Both of my copies were warped badly enough that it didn’t even sit on the platter. I have another replacement on the way, so fingers crossed!

Giving my copy of Grievous Angel a spin and deliberating if I need an upgrade (or if it would be an upgrade). Regardless - it is a wonderful album that gives more with each listen.

A modern country album that mixes with R&B poorly - Sam Hunt
A modern country album that mixes with R&B amazingly - Charley Crockett's Music City USA
I’ve seen this album mentioned many times but still haven’t heard anything off it. I just decided to blindly order it, I have a feeling I’ll love it!

Listening to my replacement Emmylou Harris. The end-of-A-side crackle is gone. Hurray! This sounds outstanding. And does make me optimistic about Gram Parsons.

Replaced by a mild warp, though. I guess I shouldn’t expect GZ to be perfect. 🤷‍♂️

My second Emmylou had a more serious dish warp, and I decided to settle for a credit refund. I then used it to buy the Booker T Christmas record, which is also a GZ press. ;)

Back