Vinyl Me Please Country

wynn72

Officially announced as the 4th track in the new Standard. Available for pre-order in Feb 2021.

This is the one I’ve been waiting for.

I’m not the biggest country guy, but would love to branch out into the genre more. But... for $33 bucks, I’m not sure how often I’ll be a player.

Nonetheless, I’m very interested to see what VMP brings to the table. There’s definitely some artists I have in mind that I’d love to expand my collection with.

Officially announced as the 4th track in the new Standard. Available for pre-order in Feb 2021.

Will you be able to get this track by itself or will it have to be an add on. I’ll totally join if I can just do this track.

Will you be able to get this track by itself or will it have to be an add on. I’ll totally join if I can just do this track.

You can subscribe to any track as your primary. Cant see why this one would be any different.
Im pumped. I love the classic country theyve released and cant wait for monthly drops

If the prices weren't so abysmal, I probably would have been really excited for this.

I might try it. I have to see some titles first. For almost double the cost of an album it might take some convincing though. Would be interesting if that opened the door to a country “Rising” equivalent though.

According to Storf on twitter, he’s curating (as expected), every release will have linear notes, will have a mix of classics, underrated gems, and Newer artists.

”Will skew a bit older at least initially, and will incorporate every genre that can fall under the country banner, from bluegrass and Americana to pop and Outlaw country.”

Just seen this after posting it on the Store thread, you guys are too fast!!!

Can't see this being something I will be into, but if there's a Townes Van Zandt release I might dip in.

Im not a country fan but wondered if anyone that is knows if there's rarities within the genre the same way there is for the likes of Jazz? It would be interesting to see if they are going to pick some out of print stuff or more along the lines of coloured exclusives.

Storf has a lot of positions:
1) Head of Editorial
2) Classics A&R
3) Social Media
4) Country A&R
Plus all the stuff he does for anthology. And my comment was not ment as a disx to him. But nobody can do so many things and do all of them very thoroughly. I understand that he absolutely loves these jobs and does not say no. But if vmp bosses would not have things half-assed they'd not let him do all this. On the other hand it's the cheap way to do it for them and as long as people still buy, who cares.

I get the hesitation but Storf loves country and has been brainstorming this for awhile. The twitter he does out of choice at his discretion, and the booklets for this still fall under his “head of editorial job”. Im sure despite curating, they have a separate A&R team actually in charge of seeking and working out deals so curating 12 records/year doesnt seem like too much of an extra burden. More like a dream job honestly.

And considering I still consider Classics the best track and consistently amazing Im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I know Im a much bigger storf fan than some on here though.

According to Storf on twitter, he’s curating (as expected), every release will have linear notes, will have a mix of classics, underrated gems, and Newer artists.

”Will skew a bit older at least initially, and will incorporate every genre that can fall under the country banner, from bluegrass and Americana to pop and Outlaw country.”
The bluegrass and Americana would be the intriguing parts for me. But I don’t plan on ever giving VMP any of my dollars again.

Back