Vinyl Me Please Classics

Maybe I missed this, but are there no more hints or something? Are they just announcing with no buildup at this point?
there was no GMP this quarter because most things have been already announced via other press releases. They were all related to the Atlantic 75 celebration I believe.

Classics_web.jpg

Im a bit out of the loop when it comes to VMP im afraid so just wanted to check with you guys, have the booklets now been scrapped in favour of the larger format booklets (like the one that came with Hound Dog Taylor & The House Rockers)?

Im a bit out of the loop when it comes to VMP im afraid so just wanted to check with you guys, have the booklets now been scrapped in favour of the larger format booklets (like the one that came with Hound Dog Taylor & The House Rockers)?

Yep, no more lil booklets in Classics. I think Country will also get a bit bigger so eventually all tracks will have the same size booklets.

I am currently picking my bonus records, and have a spot for 1 more.
Deciding between Monks Music, Trident, and Brown Sugar.
Anyone have any favorite pressings between those 3?

I like Monk's Music (although I believe it's missing a track). Trident is really solid. Brown Sugar sounds fine but has only really gotten one spin from me.

I like Monk's Music (although I believe it's missing a track). Trident is really solid. Brown Sugar sounds fine but has only really gotten one spin from me.
I spin Brown Sugar quite often. I think it all depends on what you think you'd spin most. Give each another listen but I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

Brown Sugar is a nice, light and enjoyable listen. Trident and Monk's Music are a little more engaging and interesting IMO. Monk's Music is the best of three IMO but none are a bad choice.

Monk’s Music is the undisputed classic of the bunch. Trident is a great sleeper gem. brown Sugar is a deep cut enjoyable listen. Trident is the least of three pressings. Monk preserves the original stereo release’s track list as the song omitted did not get a stereo version because of an issue with the recording equipment.

There are no wrong choices.

I'll second Monk's Music between the three, Trident's a close second.
I spin Brown Sugar quite often. I think it all depends on what you think you'd spin most. Give each another listen but I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.
Brown Sugar is a nice, light and enjoyable listen. Trident and Monk's Music are a little more engaging and interesting IMO. Monk's Music is the best of three IMO but none are a bad choice.
Monk’s Music is the undisputed classic of the bunch. Trident is a great sleeper gem. brown Sugar is a deep cut enjoyable listen. Trident is the least of three pressings. Monk preserves the original stereo release’s track list as the song omitted did not get a stereo version because of an issue with the recording equipment.

There are no wrong choices.
Thank you all! Think I am going with Monk's Music.

Whats everyones Classics ranking list this year? Trying to figure out if I'm missing out on any sleeper classics from this year as I've sat out on quite a few. What should I revisit?

I've only got the following three, and David Porter was an accident lol. Only 2 I've voluntarily received are Hound Dog and Dave Van Ronk. The only one I know I'm going to get that is yet to come out is Comedia by Hector Lavoe.

My ranking:

1. Hound Dog Taylor
2. Dave Van Ronk
3. David Porter

Whats everyones Classics ranking list this year? Trying to figure out if I'm missing out on any sleeper classics from this year as I've sat out on quite a few. What should I revisit?

I've only got the following three, and David Porter was an accident lol. Only 2 I've voluntarily received are Hound Dog and Dave Van Ronk. The only one I know I'm going to get that is yet to come out is Comedia by Hector Lavoe.

My ranking:

1. Hound Dog Taylor
2. Dave Van Ronk
3. David Porter
Definitely Monk’s Music: a jazz classic. I also liked the Wilson Pickett album.

My ranking:

1. Hound Dog Taylor
2. Dave Van Ronk
3. David Porter
I’d categorize them as follows:

Loved:
Hound Dog Taylor
Thelonious Monk
Odetta
Wilson Pickett
Dave Van Ronk

Enjoyed: