Vinyl Me Please Classics

Whats everyones Classics ranking list this year? Trying to figure out if I'm missing out on any sleeper classics from this year as I've sat out on quite a few. What should I revisit?

I've only got the following three, and David Porter was an accident lol. Only 2 I've voluntarily received are Hound Dog and Dave Van Ronk. The only one I know I'm going to get that is yet to come out is Comedia by Hector Lavoe.

My ranking:

1. Hound Dog Taylor
2. Dave Van Ronk
3. David Porter
I really like McCoy Tyner “Trident” and think it’s underrated, but it’s obviously not an true classic like Monk’s Music. That said, I didn’t pick up Monk’s Music but may swap for it or use credit for it at some point if it’s still around.

I really like this but then I’m a Stax mark:
IMG_3966.jpeg

(The booklet took way too long to read, I had to reread every other sentence twice to figure out what the hell he was trying to say. Once or twice, after the third or fourth reading and no idea what he was saying, I gave up and moved on.)

(The booklet took way too long to read, I had to reread every other sentence twice to figure out what the hell he was trying to say. Once or twice, after the third or fourth reading and no idea what he was saying, I gave up and moved on.)
I gave up on reading the wikipedia entry booklets a long time ago. They feel like people trying to write a book report for a book they didn't read, all with larger font and narrower margins to hide the fact they are a thousand words short of the mark.

"A Tale of Two Cities tells the story of two cities"

I gave up on reading the wikipedia entry booklets a long time ago. They feel like people trying to write a book report for a book they didn't read, all with larger font and narrower margins to hide the fact they are a thousand words short of the mark.

Reminds me of the writing style of WIRE pieces. JFC not every sentence has to demonstrate how You Are Very Smart.

Reminds me of the writing style of WIRE pieces. JFC not every sentence has to demonstrate how You Are Very Smart.
Yeah, but some of these don’t. I have noticed that music critics tend to flaunt their extra large vocabularies. Which is odd since these particular dudes mostly write about rock and pop music.

Whats everyones Classics ranking list this year? Trying to figure out if I'm missing out on any sleeper classics from this year as I've sat out on quite a few. What should I revisit?

I've only got the following three, and David Porter was an accident lol. Only 2 I've voluntarily received are Hound Dog and Dave Van Ronk. The only one I know I'm going to get that is yet to come out is Comedia by Hector Lavoe.

My ranking:

1. Hound Dog Taylor
2. Dave Van Ronk
3. David Porter

1-Wilson Pickett
2-Hound Dog Taylor
3-Thelonious Monk

4-David Porter
5-Freddie Roach
6-Dave Van Ronk
7-Black Nasty
8-Odetta
9-McCoy Tyner
10-Wynton Marsalis

But really 4-10 are a wash, all pretty equally excellent.

What more does one expect from a former Vice writer…

It's crazy to me that they haven't featured her in Classics yet. With the previous clue being 1967 then it could be High Priestess of Soul or Silk & Soul. I'd prefer High Priestess, but both are good.
I think it’s Silk & Soul. Also February is supposedly Gary Bartz - Another Earth, which is a killer pick.

Back