Vinyl Me Please Classics

Probably a dumb question, but...

I dropped my VMP subscription three months ago. I just needed a break after the old forum fiasco and I haven't been interested in any of the recent classics. Now with news of a potential Blue Note release for September, my interest is piqued. Once the title is announced, will I have any trouble "resubscribing" and securing that Blue Note classic track?

I dropped my VMP subscription three months ago. I just needed a break after the old forum fiasco and I haven't been interested in any of the recent classics. Now with news of a potential Blue Note release for September, my interest is piqued. Once the title is announced, will I have any trouble "resubscribing" and securing that Blue Note classic track?
I would guess no but who really knows. They have not been super consistent or reliable. So far Classics hasn’t had the same issue that they have had with the RHH Sub (where the title was either oversold or mark sold out upon the announcement). If I were a betting man, I would say you would be fine, but I wouldn’t be surprised if something dumb happened either.

I always thought that if you signed up a few days before the ROTM, that your membership would start with the new record but I could be wrong. I think if you signed up around August 20 and then contacted CS you would be safe. Other than the Nat fiasco, they have not really hyped a classics in a while, even Davis/Coltrane. Plus their attitude is if it oversells they just print more off, even if it causes mass confusion a pisses off long time subscribers who get screwed over and delayed orders.

But hey, there is a right way, a wrong way and the VMP way. If they can half-ass it and screw it up they will probably find a way to do it.

I'm in the same situation (unsubscribed, but want the BN title). I actually thought about signing up this month just to be sure, but I'm just going to log in at 9am PST on announce day and hope for the best. If I don't get it, I'll just console myself with 2 Music Matters titles instead of 3 months of VMP Classics.

https://blog.discogs.com/en/aaa-analog-mastering-process/

In this article, VMP says that all Classics from May on will be AAA but that many previous titles were also AAA. Has anyone obtained a list of those titles?

You can't go by "mastered from the Analog tapes" because often times they are mastering from analog into digital then cutting like on Big Bill Broonzy. See below:

I’m not entirely sure that Storf or the marketing folks at VMP understood what AAA was until recently, so who knows...

A less-cheeky answer is that I couldn’t find a list either, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a recent thing for them to do

I wonder did VMP update Go For Your Guns Wikipedia entry to say it is the best Isley Brothers album. Like, everyone, it’s 3 + 3. There was never any discussion otherwise. Critically. From a fan perspective. I really like Go For Your Guns but it doesn’t have the CLASSIC songs that 3 + 3 has. It’s more of a hidden treasure and that’s great. All those albums are fire. Live It Up, Harvest For The World, Heat Is On. Hard to pick a best one.

Apart from 3 + 3

Their best one.

I wonder did VMP update Go For Your Guns Wikipedia entry to say it is the best Isley Brothers album. Like, everyone, it’s 3 + 3. There was never any discussion otherwise. Critically. From a fan perspective. I really like Go For Your Guns but it doesn’t have the CLASSIC songs that 3 + 3 has. It’s more of a hidden treasure and that’s great. All those albums are fire. Live It Up, Harvest For The World, Heat Is On. Hard to pick a best one.

Apart from 3 + 3

Their best one.

The sentence that it's regarded as the best was added by user Mcmarcuschapman on November 2018. They've done quite a few music related edits, although no others overlap VMP releases that I can see.

The sentence that it's regarded as the best was added by user Mcmarcuschapman on November 2018
Oh shit that is some deep state stuff!!!. VMP has been planning this for months now so it looks innocent. This user is obviously a plant. We need to check what other pages they have edited to see if there other potential Classics titles coming.

Back