Vinyl Me Please Classics

people on reddit are pumped

Of course they are. Sorry (not sorry) for all the snark.

In a slightly more constructive direction, what’s the front runner for Classics this month? I’m unsubbed, but I’ll guess:

Isley Brothers - The Heat is On

Brothers, and the clouds on the cover fit the clues. Not sure if there is a song about guns, but the title track and Fight the Power are both socially conscious. If R&HH is instrumental that might work?

Of course they are. Sorry (not sorry) for all the snark.

In a slightly more constructive direction, what’s the front runner for Classics this month? I’m unsubbed, but I’ll guess:

Isley Brothers - The Heat is On

Brothers, and the clouds on the cover fit the clues. Not sure if there is a song about guns, but the title track and Fight the Power are both socially conscious. If R&HH is instrumental that might work?

I think the front runner is Isley Brothers- Go For Your Guns.

Anyone else have issues with bobo side b last song? Mine appears to have hit a locked groove and just keeps pumping the same trumpet note over and over and over and over and over and... we’ll you get it!

Disc was as clean and pristine as I’ve seen. No scratches that I can discern.

I just received it today (the latest I’ve ever received an AOTM) and am bummed! I’ve rarely ever asked for replacements I really hope they don’t hassle me!

Anyone else have issues with bobo side b last song? Mine appears to have hit a locked groove and just keeps pumping the same trumpet note over and over and over and over and over and... we’ll you get it!

Disc was as clean and pristine as I’ve seen. No scratches that I can discern.

I just received it today (the latest I’ve ever received an AOTM) and am bummed! I’ve rarely ever asked for replacements I really hope they don’t hassle me!
@Paul1023 said his was skipping the last beat, maybe yours is skipping back instead of forward.

You should be able to send them a video and get it replaced.

The link trick that I learned from @Wes C. Attle seems to have just started working for The Isley Brothers - Go For Your Guns

This is really exciting. “Climbin’ Up the Ladder” alone is worth the monthly subscription fee.

The link trick that I learned from @Wes C. Attle seems to have just started working for The Isley Brothers - Go For Your Guns

OMGGGG! This is too good to be true! 🔥

WOW! I am speechless and I cannot wait to spin this baby-making, intoxicating, soul-crushing release! 😅💃🕺

I might consider re-upping for 3 months if that is correct. I will wait until it is formally announced though

Hasn't failed us so far I don't think, but certainly no harm in waiting. I don't think anything will sell out this month.
I think The Isley Brothers will sell out. It’s definitely a huge get!!! Plus, most people who have an interest in the Classics track would know The Isley Brothers!

What classics have sold out in the month of release so far? I think Al Green sort of did, but now it's back? Can't remember.
Al Green, but because the pressing was done well and not many replacements were needed, it’s back in stock. Blossom Dearie sold out and also Nat Turner, but they did a second pressing of Nat Turner. Also, Lloyd Miller sold out in its first month!

Don’t know much about the Isley Brothers but I’m in.

Didn’t Hendrix play rhythm guitar for them in the mid 60’s? Or was that another group?

EDIT - A quick Google search and ive found my answer—yes he did.

Last edited:

I’m real excited for this one!

Back