Vinyl Me Please Classics

Some Classics are back in stock. Including Bill Withers and King Curtis

Barbara Lea or Abbey Lincoln? Considering swapping for one of these and don't know hardly anything about either.

As always though, your ears are a better barometer of what you like than mine are, but I prefer Barbara Lea.

And last year's Craft reissue of Abbey is Blue is (IMO) a better album of music than It's Magic if you're looking to scratch an Abbey Lincoln itch. (And KPG/RTI, so similar mastering and pressing quality.)

As always though, your ears are a better barometer of what you like than mine are, but I prefer Barbara Lea.

And last year's Craft reissue of Abbey is Blue is (IMO) a better album of music than It's Magic if you're looking to scratch an Abbey Lincoln itch. (And KPG/RTI, so similar mastering and pressing quality.)
Correct. Abbey is blue is the FAR superior album if you can get it. Lea all the way.

Gave Phineas a listen and it had occasional pops/clicks on both sides. It was very dirty though so I'm hoping a wet clean sorts it out.

Despite that, I really enjoyed the record. The mastering is nice and Phineas' playing is fantastic. He has a very unique style compared to other jazz pianists at the time. Solid pick. My wife also really enjoyed it and she doesn't really care for jazz. So that's a win!

Gave Phineas a listen and it had occasional pops/clicks on both sides. It was very dirty though so I'm hoping a wet clean sorts it out.

Despite that, I really enjoyed the record. The mastering is nice and Phineas' playing is fantastic. He has a very unique style compared to other jazz pianists at the time. Solid pick. My wife also really enjoyed it and she doesn't really care for jazz. So that's a win!
Think I'll be adding this to my potential future swaps after this and other positive feedback. I grabbed Lee Morgan last month and am getting Johnnie Taylor this month.

Anyone subscribed long enough to have Muddy Waters? I got that “spend my credit” itch but could be talked off the ledge.

Anyone subscribed long enough to have Muddy Waters? I got that “spend my credit” itch but could be talked off the ledge.

It's really nice. So nice VMP once sent me 6 copies of it.

Musically, I wouldn't say it's an essential Muddy Waters album like At Newport and Folk Singer are, but it's a fun record with a great backing band. I still spin it fairly often. And the VMP version sounds great.

Probably cheaper if you wait until it's in Swaps next month, but if you've got credits to spend, who am I to dissuade you.

It's really nice. So nice VMP once sent me 6 copies of it.

Musically, I wouldn't say it's an essential Muddy Waters album like At Newport and Folk Singer are, but it's a fun record with a great backing band. I still spin it fairly often. And the VMP version sounds great.

Probably cheaper if you wait until it's in Swaps next month, but if you've got credits to spend, who am I to dissuade you.
I think I’m going to hold onto my credits and pick up when it’s inevitably in swaps. All the represses have shown up eventually. Not necessarily in a rush to have it now.

Back