Vinyl Me Please Classics

Received Joe Jones and Lightnin’ Hopkins today. The Jones record sounds great and is a really fun listen.

The Hopkins is not the best sounding recording, but I really loved it. The rough sound adds a lot, and Hopkins’ playing throughout is fantastic. Really great release, and definitely my favorite of the Classics this year.

Received Joe Jones and Lightnin’ Hopkins today. The Jones record sounds great and is a really fun listen.

The Hopkins is not the best sounding recording, but I really loved it. The rough sound adds a lot, and Hopkins’ playing throughout is fantastic. Really great release, and definitely my favorite of the Classics this year.
I found it so strange that the engineer decided to add all that reverb... Like dude... WHYYYYY. He sounds like he's a million miles away at the back of a grain silo. Still a fun record but the fake reverb is just strange...

I found it so strange that the engineer decided to add all that reverb... Like dude... WHYYYYY. He sounds like he's a million miles away at the back of a grain silo. Still a fun record but the fake reverb is just strange...
I actually kinda liked that touch haha

Getting the VMP Lightnin and the AP Lightnin in the same month made it very clear how much of a better mastering job the AP is. The VMP sounds rather scratchy/hard while the AP is one of the best in my collection.

Crazy part: I think the AP press is $35 on AS? A single month sub for VMP runs ya $43 >_>

Getting the VMP Lightnin and the AP Lightnin in the same month made it very clear how much of a better mastering job the AP is. The VMP sounds rather scratchy/hard while the AP is one of the best in my collection.

Crazy part: I think the AP press is $35 on AS? A single month sub for VMP runs ya $43 >_>
I’ve been meaning to pick up that AP reissue. Without even taking into consideration the sound quality, it’s a better album IMO. But I’m still really pleased with Lightnin’ Strikes.

TBF Goin' Away is an all-time great blues recording and Lightin' Strikes is a pretty mediocre fidelity recording done by Vee Jay.

Glad you like that AP. It really is an incredible sounding recording and excellent pressing. I have all the other APs of his on backorder too now

Back