Vinyl Me Please Classics

17th most recent.
I count them in reverse order!

I am intrigued by this one. How many Blues artists have gotten to 17 albums?

JLH - We've had, BB King - We've had,

Howlin' Wolf? Maybe? His discography is weird, but it could get to 17 with compilations, live records and albums that are co-headliner, which could make sense for the disclaimer.
Taj Mahal? He gets there, but not until the late 80s, which seems doubtful.
Albert Collins? Again, he gets there, but not until the 90s.
Ray Charles? Not really a "Blues" artist.
Chuck Berry? Maybe?

Last edited:
I am intrigued by this one. How many Blues artists have gotten to 17 albums?

JLH - We've had, BB King - We've had,

Howlin' Wolf? Maybe? His discography is weird, but it could get to 17 with compilations, live records and albums that are co-headliner, which could make sense for the disclaimer.
Taj Mahal? He gets there, but not until the 90s, which seems doubtful.
Albert Collins? Again, he gets there, but not until the 90s.
Ray Charles? Not really a "Blues" artist.

If you count live albums for Taj Mahal you get to 1987's Taj

I feel like... in the history of music, going back centuries, there's not a whole lot of 17th albums that are really... um... what's the word I'm looking for.... "good".
How dare you...

220px-Undercoverstones.jpg

I love Taj Mahal, but that album is so bad. It's all 80s synth and steel drum. Not what I think about when I think of the Blues. So...definitely it.

Yeah, I just put it on after making my guess as I'd never heard this one. I don't know that I ever need to hear it again either. It's pretty terrible!

I feel like... in the history of music, going back centuries, there's not a whole lot of 17th albums that are really... um... what's the word I'm looking for.... "good".

Sun Ra's The Magic City would be an exception to this statement.

...other than the fact a lot of people might not think any of his music is.... "good" :ROFLMAO:

But in all seriousness...

Steely Dan are terrible.

But really in all seriousness, if it's Blues and 17th it's likely a compilation of older singles and whatnot sort of like Slim Harpo's "Original King Bee" which everyone treats like a legit album, but really it's a comp that was first released in 1983.

Or I'm wrong and it's Lightnin' Hopkins.

Last edited:
Goddamn it, give me a Sinatra album. Give us a tip-on jacket, AAA, 180g release of In The Wee Small Hours with liner notes by Will Friedwald.
I would do a backflip. Perhaps its doable, they just did a Sinatra album in the Quincy Jones boxset!

Back