Vinyl Me Please Classics

Freddie King is excellent, I think everyone will be really happy with this. Nice mono master, flawless pressing, flat. Very well done on this one.
I’m listening to it right now and it is really beautiful. One of the best Classics picks this year, and one of the best blues albums they’ve done in a loooong time.

This is why I’m still subscribed to VMP.

Listening to Roberta Flack now and salivating for next month.
I was gonna ask if anyone here is excited for that one. I listened the other day and it really wasn’t doing anything for me outside of 3-4 tracks. The rest I thought was kinda dull... maybe I need to give it another go.

I was gonna ask if anyone here is excited for that one. I listened the other day and it really wasn’t doing anything for me outside of 3-4 tracks. The rest I thought was kinda dull... maybe I need to give it another go.
There's a number of classics that people were hyped about that didn't do anything for me. Dorothy Ashby was one of those. This one though my wife and I are super hyped for. Just a beautiful voice and some really great covers she really makes her own. If GZ can press a decent album like they did like HHNF then im hoping for another good month again.

Welp, you guys convinced me to dip in again for Freddie this month...But I'll stick to Classics for now on.
I think I’ve decided to stay out and if any good albums come out on classics I may just do a one month sub or buy it elsewhere from now on. My last 3 month sub ended this month and it was such a mixed bag…last month I didn’t want a single ROTM and lucked out that Johnny Cash was in swaps. Only bought one exclusive too in 3 months. Was glad that Freddie was this months album though.

I think I’ve decided to stay out and if any good albums come out on classics I may just do a one month sub or buy it elsewhere from now on. My last 3 month sub ended this month and it was such a mixed bag…last month I didn’t want a single ROTM and lucked out that Johnny Cash was in swaps. Only bought one exclusive too in 3 months. Was glad that Freddie was this months album though.

I actually was looking at Discogs for that Freddie, but the few options were either a lot more expensive than the sub or an open copy that was noisy (likely that person asked for a replacement and is trying to make a profit from their defective copy).

I actually was looking at Discogs for that Freddie, but the few options were either a lot more expensive than the sub or an open copy that was noisy (likely that person asked for a replacement and is trying to make a profit from their defective copy).
At this point, I don't blame anyone for doing that. Fuck what VMP has put us through these last few months.

I haven't been able to listened on speakers yet, but King's guitar is fatiguing for me on some songs. This from someone who loves detail and has NEVER found anything fatiguing on The Clear MG's before, as well as someone who fully appreciates and has owned some of those PAF's in Kings guitar. Just a bit too much for me. I've never had to apply eq since I got the Manley's until today... have to see on speakers if it's better.

I haven't been able to listened on speakers yet, but King's guitar is fatiguing for me on some songs. This from someone who loves detail and has NEVER found anything fatiguing on The Clear MG's before, as well as someone who fully appreciates and has owned some of those PAF's in Kings guitar. Just a bit too much for me. I've never had to apply eq since I got the Manley's until today... have to see on speakers if it's better.
strange! had no such experience with listening to it on speakers.

strange! had no such experience with listening to it on speakers.
It's me. I just don't like where they sit in the mix. Doing the same with the speakers. Guess that's what they make EQ for. It's not every track either.

I just streamed the Roberta Flack album. More like Roberta Whack, am I right???? 😂

To each their own and all that jazz, but this is one of the rare classics that I’m going to skip.

Actually, looking back, I’ve skipped about half of them this year. Not a great year for classics, at all. Not to say there aren’t some really high highs, but still, overall, not so good.

I just streamed the Roberta Flack album. More like Roberta Whack, am I right???? 😂

To each their own and all that jazz, but this is one of the rare classics that I’m going to skip.

Actually, looking back, I’ve skipped about half of them this year. Not a great year for classics, at all. Not to say there aren’t some really high highs, but still, overall, not so good.
I streamed parts of Roberta and I quite liked it, but agree that 2021 was overall a down year for Classics.

Interesting perspectives on the year for Classics overall. For me, this was a great year. No single record quite as spectacular as ‘Dreams’ but Lee Morgan, Bill Withers, Dorothy Ashby, Freddie King etc all stone cold classics that I’ll be listening to for years to come. Only skipped Frederick Knight, Abbey Lincoln, Musselwhite and Roberta. If it wasn’t for GZGate, would have been a vintage year for VMP.

Back