Vinyl Me Please Classics

Yeah, I didn’t know that.
The reason I said I wasn't sure why it persisted specifically in this thread is because several people more diligent than I explained it, that's all. I wasn't trying to imply everyone should know that, just that I thought it had been settled by members here. Sorry if anyone took that as a slight, I'm sure they just missed those posts.

The reason I said I wasn't sure why it persisted specifically in this thread is because several people more diligent than I explained it, that's all. I wasn't trying to imply everyone should know that, just that I thought it had been settled by members here. Sorry if anyone took that as a slight, I'm sure they just missed those posts.

No offense taken here, I had read the clarification but kept using “LITA” as shorthand for “for sale on the LITA website.”

Really looking forward to the next few classics.

The Gabor Szabo is such a luscious mix of sounds, and the pressing details sound like its going to be a fantastic copy.
Same here! I’m really looking forward to the next two Classics ROTM’s as well! Dreams really is a mix of luscious sounds; it’s definitely ethereal, warm, middle-eastern, dreamy wanderlust sound and is an album that you fall in love with the more you listen to it! I’ve listened to it three times already and I’m hooked! The guitar playing is charming, ambitious yet catchy, and is always at the forefront! I love Dreams so much; it’s definitely my favourite Classics pick of 2020! I even love the album cover too; I love the look of it!

I know you’re not as big on soul as you are on jazz, but the soul pick - Donny Hathaway - is simply brilliant! I already had a copy of the album, and you are in for a slice of that feel-good, enlightening, gospel, soulful, family gathering, comforting sound! Everything is Everything is such a positive, earnest album that has powerful, heartfelt messages and the vocals from Donny Hathaway are deliciously soulful, and he has that pure, rich, black soulful voice! You’re gonna love it Selaws!

I’m looking so forward to receiving Gàbor Szabó’s Dreams though! I prefer that album even more than Everything is Everything by Donny Hathaway!

Same here! I’m really looking forward to the next two Classics ROTM’s as well! Dreams really is a mix of luscious sounds; it’s definitely ethereal, warm, middle-eastern, dreamy wanderlust sound and is an album that you fall in love with the more you listen to it! I’ve listened to it three times already and I’m hooked! The guitar playing is charming, ambitious yet catchy, and is always at the forefront! I love Dreams so much; it’s definitely my favourite Classics pick of 2020! I even love the album cover too; I love the look of it!

I know you’re not as big on soul as you are on jazz, but the soul pick - Donny Hathaway - is simply brilliant! I already had a copy of the album, and you are in for a slice of that feel-good, enlightening, gospel, soulful, family gathering, comforting sound! Everything is Everything is such a positive, earnest album that has powerful, heartfelt messages and the vocals from Donny Hathaway are deliciously soulful, and he has that pure, rich, black soulful voice! You’re gonna love it Selaws!

I’m looking so forward to receiving Gàbor Szabó’s Dreams though! I prefer that album even more than Everything is Everything by Donny Hathaway!
Completely agree with your description buddy!

I really enjoy soul music, im just not as familiar with it as other genre's. Other than the jazz releases, the soul ones are my favourites from the Classic's series. In all honesty, even if they were to change it to just being a soul sub I would still get them as they sound fantastic! Im planning on streaming the Donny Hathaway later, looking forward to it!

Picked up a copy of Bacchanal from my local shop for under $10 today. Stereo, Terre Haute pressing from 1968. There are noticeable clicks during half of one track but the remainder of the record is in VG+ shape. The gatefold cover is also VG+.

I guess that means I’m canceling my VMP subscription again, bridge “deal” be damned. There are not many albums I’d pay $30 for.

Hey guys,
So i told ya if i heard back about Donny Hathaway I would report back. Dont know if someone else had this info already as i have been busy and not paying attention, But they did get back to me and the VMP Donny is in fact the Stereo version done AAA 180Gram by Ryan K Smith at Sterling Sound. No idea where pressed but im assuming GZ. Not sure why this was needed then when the Kevin Gray Speakers Corner one was just released but there ya go.

Hey guys,
So i told ya if i heard back about Donny Hathaway I would report back. Dont know if someone else had this info already as i have been busy and not paying attention, But they did get back to me and the VMP Donny is in fact the Stereo version done AAA 180Gram by Ryan K Smith at Sterling Sound. No idea where pressed but im assuming GZ. Not sure why this was needed then when the Kevin Gray Speakers Corner one was just released but there ya go.

It's almost certainly pressed at QRP like the other AAA Classics they've been doing are. That seems to be the standard for Classics nowadays (AAA/QRP/RKS@Sterling)

Yeah, kinda an unnecessary release since SC just put this out less than a year ago, though that one technically isn't a US release and can be hard to find nowadays at non-inflated prices anymore. The stoughton tip-on jacket is an upgrade over the thinner jackets SC uses though.

It's almost certainly pressed at QRP like the other AAA Classics they've been doing are. That seems to be the standard for Classics nowadays (AAA/QRP/RKS@Sterling)

Oh yeah that's right. I forgot about that.

So ya got Ryan Smith cut at Sterling, Pressed at QRP
VS
Kevin Gray cut at Cohearant, Pressed at Pallas

I have the Speakers Corner and ill stick with that

Back