Vinyl Me Please Classics

I also got my Gábor Szabó today and just finished listening to it. I was honestly sort of on the fence with it when I streamed it on Spotify. But as the Classics track has proven again and again, the final product is phenomenal.

This went from being sort of “meh” in the 2020 Classics lineup, to easily being one of my favorites. It sounds amazing. Part of it may be the alcohol talking, but I thought it was an extremely serene and beautiful experience. I loved it. Can’t wait to listen again.

I also got my Gábor Szabó today and just finished listening to it. I was honestly sort of on the fence with it when I streamed it on Spotify. But as the Classics track has proven again and again, the final product is phenomenal.

This went from being sort of “meh” in the 2020 Classics lineup, to easily being one of my favorites. It sounds amazing. Part of it may be the alcohol talking, but I thought it was an extremely serene and beautiful experience. I loved it. Can’t wait to listen again.
Yep, I listened with some beers and it was a highly satisfying experience.

I've been listening to The Hawk Flies High today as it is announce day.

It's interesting, with the lack of guess thread, this is probably one of the least buzzed about Classics titles. Which is too bad, as this is a really nice pick and actually is a sub-genre (Bebop) VMP haven't done many/any? titles of in Classics.

I've been listening to The Hawk Flies High today as it is announce day.

It's interesting, with the lack of guess thread, this is probably one of the least buzzed about Classics titles. Which is too bad, as this is a really nice pick and actually is a sub-genre (Bebop) VMP haven't done many/any? titles of in Classics.

Its a great album, but I don't think many casual fans know him. Other titles had the hype of more popular artists on a more popular label. This one will probably stick around until the buzz about how good it sounds gets around (I am assuming that last part, but they have continuously knocked it out of the park with these AAA jazz releases).

I'm trying to hold on to my "only one add-on at most" limit since VMP raised prices so while I do like Coleman Hawkins, I got a feeling it's going to stick around for a while and I can pick it up later. I plan on finally picking up Sonny Rollins this month instead.
Great choice, the Sonny Rollins sounds amazing!

I almost swapped Gabor for it last month but then Storf/VMP said on Twitter that Sonny was at no risk of selling out so I decided to wait. I think I made the right call, as it sounds like Gabor is on the verge of selling out.
Yeah I’m probably grabbing Rollins and Coleman unless something amazing shows up In swaps. Plus I got Patrice in the sale and Just Coolin on the way , Hopefully Idles and Alfredo ship and this will be a real solid month

I missed out on the Gabor Szabo swap this month, and they're already $60+ on discogs!

However, the album seems to still be available to new members. Question for those who have it, especially @NathanRicaud (since you've praised it a lot), is it worth $43 for a one month "membership"?
It's pretty great. After the first spin I went straight to the Modern Harmonic site and picked up a Szabo "best of" comp they have up currently. Cut at Cohearant by Kevin Gray. $19!

I missed out on the Gabor Szabo swap this month, and they're already $60+ on discogs!

However, the album seems to still be available to new members. Question for those who have it, especially @NathanRicaud (since you've praised it a lot), is it worth $43 for a one month "membership"?
Personally I think it’s worth USD$43 just from listening to the album! I haven’t got the vinyl in my hands yet but I know this VMP pressing will sound spectacular! 💎

Maybe reach out to VMP and ask them if they think the title will come back in stock to purchase directly! That way it’s USD$34 instead of USD$43! 💡

I cannot wait to receive my copy of Gabor Szabo’s Dreams though! It’s already my favourite Classics ROTM pick just from listening to this album! ♥️

Back