Vinyl Me Please Classics

That's beautiful. You sound like quite the cool grandpa haha. Glad you have that connection with your granddaughter and I might steal that idea of putting a little card in of why I bought it. Reminds me of a guy I read about who was super into jazz. Bought loads and loads of records and he started making compilations of them on tape for his son and future grandkids to help them get into jazz. I believe it was his son who digitized them all and put them up on archive.org.
That's a cool idea!

It might be old news, but here's an article from last year that goes in-depth into Erroll Garner's lawsuit with Columbia and the precedent it set.

Additionally, it made me a bit interested in seeking out the "forbidden" Columbia albums: Swinging Solos, The One and Only Erroll Garner, and The Provocative Erroll Garner. They're all fairly inexpensive on discogs, although obviously had fairly limited pressings so it's not like there are a bajillion dollar-bin copies of them out there. I did grab Swinging Solos tonight, and will probably jump on the other two eventually.

Swinging Solos came today! As the title implies, it is Erroll on piano and nothing else. There's very little grunting involved, so maybe that's why he objected to its release. 🤔

On a related note...

It's a good LP and I'll be glad to get a newly remastered version of it, but when will we be leaving Staxville? I want to see other places too! Like CHESSLAND! Or IMPULSEBURG! Or PRESTIGE ISLAND!

lmao I just realized I bought this record from you on discogs. Should've known you'd be a Needle and Groover. Thanks again, I'll probably be grabbing some more stuff from you sometime. :)

Swinging Solos came today! As the title implies, it is Erroll on piano and nothing else. There's very little grunting involved, so maybe that's why he objected to its release. 🤔

On a related note...

lmao I just realized I bought this record from you on discogs. Should've known you'd be a Needle and Groover. Thanks again, I'll probably be grabbing some more stuff from you sometime. :)
@Doctor_of_Jazz is awesome. Have purchased a few things from him in the past and all were excellent.

Still seems like a weird pick though, right?

Why not do Jammed Together, Live Wire, Years Gone By, I'll Play The Blues For You, or I Wanna Get Funky?

I'm definitely going to pick this up but I'm grateful for the conversation here around it the past few days. I haven't much exposure to King and 'King Does The King's Things' was an enjoyable listen but I followed it up with 'I Wanna Get Funky' from a post earlier and that really hit home. Incredible album. Of the two that's the one that has given me the kick to explore more of his music. Will still happily swap to KDTKT from R&HH when it pops up because it's a good record but I am 100% going to be hunting down a copy of IWGF and will be diving back into the recommendations to discover more as a result.

I'm just streaming Albert King's "I wanna get funky" as suggested by your posts. Now I see what you're talking about, that's indeed an incredible album. Sounds amazing. 👏👍Thanks a lot for mentioning it and sharing your impressions! 💜

There will never be another @NathanRicaud
Awwww you’re too nice to say that! That makes me feel special because that’s what people say about musicians like Prince, Amy Winehouse, Sadé, David Bowie etc! ⭐⭐⭐

But everyone here is unique! I’m just a little bit more cheeky and out there! 🐒🙊🐣🦑🦩

lmao I just realized I bought this record from you on discogs. Should've known you'd be a Needle and Groover.
Have purchased a few things from him in the past and all were excellent.

I read that same message about those rogue Erroll Garner LPs here and saw the order shortly after and thought it may be someone from N&G. Glad they arrived and all is cool! Appreciate the kind words guys! :)

Message me here anytime and I can give you 10% off my Discogs pricing. Plus there's no tax. :)

I read that same message about those rogue Erroll Garner LPs here and saw the order shortly after and thought it may be someone from N&G. Glad they arrived and all is cool! Appreciate the kind words guys! :)

Message me here anytime and I can give you 10% off my Discogs pricing. Plus there's no tax. :)

That's great, thanks! I was eyeballing a few other things, so I might take you up on that in a few weeks.

Y'all seen the mockup for this month's selection yet?

king_does_the_kings_things_vinyl_store.jpg

Awwww you’re too nice to say that! That makes me feel special because that’s what people say about musicians like Prince, Amy Winehouse, Sadé, David Bowie etc! ⭐⭐⭐

But everyone here is unique! I’m just a little bit more cheeky and out there! 🐒🙊🐣🦑🦩

Or other figures like Donald Trump, Hitler, Jeffrey Dahmer, etc

Might have already been in the works, they've been teasing a Stax pick for like the last 6 to 8 months.
I agree—These albums all likely got pressed awhile ago. Plates have been made for months at least. I’m guessing most of their records are pressed 2-3 months out so they can have them in and ship once orders come through.

Back