Vinyl Me Please Classics

Not that it's a big deal to me...buuuut did they just say "fuck it" with the Bill Withers listening notes?
Ah, fuck it? Yes, that's your answer - that's your answer to everything! -  Big Lebowski Rhetoric - quickmeme

So…..is there anyone else here who’s favourite Classics ROTM is Leon Ware’s “Musical Massage”?!? Or at least in their top three Classics ROTM’s of all-time?

I don’t know anyone who’s favourite Classics ROTM is Musical Massage…

Anyone else really love Musical Massage for how romantic and seductive the album is?
Classics is their only consistent track, I think it'd be hard to pick a top three since there are so many great selections. I'd say Gabor Szabo, Otis, Al Green, and the Isleys are up there

Classics is their only consistent track, I think it'd be hard to pick a top three since there are so many great selections. I'd say Gabor Szabo, Otis, Al Green, and the Isleys are up there
Without Classics I would not be a member. It's literally their only saving grace. Shit it's the only tack I have had a clean record on in 3 months...

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but has there been any word about the Bill Withers booklet?

Teddy Pendergrass turned up last night and I was expecting the Withers booklet to be the box as well. Its been 2 Classics releases now hasn't it? Morgan and Pendergrass? Surely that's enough time.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but has there been any word about the Bill Withers booklet?

Teddy Pendergrass turned up last night and I was expecting the Withers booklet to be the box as well. Its been 2 Classics releases now hasn't it? Morgan and Pendergrass? Surely that's enough time.

It's probably lost in the same place as the answer to what's going on with the ATLiens repress.

Someone's gonna have to bite the bullet and email CS and see if there's an update on when we can expect the Withers booklet to ship.

I would but I just got done with a ticket on replacements and I reallllllly don't feel like talking to them again for a while. 😒

Someone's gonna have to bite the bullet and email CS and see if there's an update on when we can expect the Withers booklet to ship.

I would but I just got done with a ticket on replacements and I reallllllly don't feel like talking to them again for a while. 😒
Just chatted support, their response.
"Unfortunately we don't have a timeline just yet for sending out those reprinted booklets, apologies about the delays here. We'll be sure to send out an email as soon as we have a date for this going out, however."

LOL so you had a timeline when you told us they wouldn't be included, but now you dont? I get it, supply chain issues but why lie in the first place? Just tell us it will be delivered TBD. Much better than saying in a few weeks then a few months later you claim there is no timeline.

Received Teddy Pendergrass a couple of days ago. My copy had a ton of debris and tons of what appears to be scuffs or smears all over both sides.

A wet clean sorted it out though, and the pressing sounds phenomenal. Really nice soundstage. I’ve complained about Ryan Smith’s mastering in the past, but he nailed this one.

Someone on Reddit finally asked about the Withers booklet and said the following:

We’ll still have to wait a few months for the Bill Withers booklet as it appears that printing businesses are severely backlogged and can’t take on that order as of now.

I'm not a fan of tossing around the word "lie" because that would indicate a deliberate deceit. It's far more likely they were given an original time estimate which has fallen back because of *waves at everything going on around the planet*

It's gonna get done, there's just no definite time frame. At least it's not the record itself that got delayed and in the meantime, the liner notes can be read online.

Received Teddy Pendergrass a couple of days ago. My copy had a ton of debris and tons of what appears to be scuffs or smears all over both sides.

A wet clean sorted it out though, and the pressing sounds phenomenal. Really nice soundstage. I’ve complained about Ryan Smith’s mastering in the past, but he nailed this one.

Good to hear Teddy sounds good. I might pick it up next month.

Which Ryan Smiths's didn't you like? He's generally good.

Someone on Reddit finally asked about the Withers booklet and said the following:

We’ll still have to wait a few months for the Bill Withers booklet as it appears that printing businesses are severely backlogged and can’t take on that order as of now.

I'm not a fan of tossing around the word "lie" because that would indicate a deliberate deceit. It's far more likely they were given an original time estimate which has fallen back because of *waves at everything going on around the planet*

It's gonna get done, there's just no definite time frame. At least it's not the record itself that got delayed and in the meantime, the liner notes can be read online.

200w.gif

Good to hear Teddy sounds good. I might pick it up next month.

Which Ryan Smiths's didn't you like? He's generally good.
The recent Abbey Lincoln album they reissued comes to mind. I find that sometimes his work is too “soft”. Sometimes it lacks grit, or an edge to hold on to for me. I just feel like his work is sometimes missing that extra “oomph” that people like Kevin Gray brings to the table.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s good. For sure. Just not always to my taste.

The recent Abbey Lincoln album they reissued comes to mind. I find that sometimes his work is too “soft”. Sometimes it lacks grit, or an edge to hold on to for me. I just feel like his work is sometimes missing that extra “oomph” that people like Kevin Gray brings to the table.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s good. For sure. Just not always to my taste.
I agree, in some cases he's very... "polite". Whereas in some cases KPG can err on the side of ALLLLL THE DETAAAAIIIIL

Back