Vinyl Me Please Classics

Personally I think it’s worth USD$43 just from listening to the album! I haven’t got the vinyl in my hands yet but I know this VMP pressing will sound spectacular! 💎

Maybe reach out to VMP and ask them if they think the title will come back in stock to purchase directly! That way it’s USD$34 instead of USD$43! 💡

I cannot wait to receive my copy of Gabor Szabo’s Dreams though! It’s already my favourite Classics ROTM pick just from listening to this album! ♥️
I see! I thought you had already heard the pressing, but I guess you were excited enough for the music itself, and given everyone else's comments about the pressing, sounds like it might be worth the extra $10.

I did ask VMP if it would be coming back in stock, and they said it was unlikely.

I see! I thought you had already heard the pressing, but I guess you were excited enough for the music itself, and given everyone else's comments about the pressing, sounds like it might be worth the extra $10.

I did ask VMP if it would be coming back in stock, and they said it was unlikely.
The VMP classics pressings are by and large essentially in line with an AP or Mofi pressing in terms of quality. Pressed at QRP, mastered at Sterling. If you like the album, odds are the pressing itself will be worth it. There are only a few classics that VMP have released in the past 2 years that are below this standard.

Yeah, I’m so excited to hear this album on vinyl! It’s my favourite Classics ROTM pick ever along with the Alice Coltrane, B.B. King, Al Green and John Lee Hooker picks! The music is just on Dreams is warm, exquisite, moody, rich! I love the middle-eastern tones throughout the album too! With how incredible this pressing will sound, and the fact that it’s a nice gatefold, 180g and AAA, it’s well worth USD$43 for me!

I missed out on the Gabor Szabo swap this month, and they're already $60+ on discogs!

However, the album seems to still be available to new members. Question for those who have it, especially @NathanRicaud (since you've praised it a lot), is it worth $43 for a one month "membership"?

I love the album, and the pressing quality is phenomenal. But paying over $40 for a single record is total bullshit on principle.

I love the album, and the pressing quality is phenomenal. But paying over $40 for a single record is total bullshit on principle.
That reminds me! Did you ever cop that Piñata ‘64 release!? I remember it was USD$40 + shipping! Wish I purchased it as it’s sold out and is expensive on the current market, but I held back as USD$40 + international shipping was too much for me for a single disc + I haven’t heard the record even though kinda knew I would’ve really dug it!

That reminds me! Did you ever cop that Piñata ‘64 release!? I remember it was USD$40 + shipping! Wish I purchased it as it’s sold out and is expensive on the current market, but I held back as USD$40 + international shipping was too much for me for a single disc + I haven’t heard the record even though kinda knew I would’ve really dug it!

I did not, for the exact same reason I'm saying not to spend $43 on Dreams. I've basically put my foot down on not getting anything over $35 for a new, single-LP record. If any good came out of VMP jacking up all their prices, it's that it made me take a closer look at what I want in a record collection and what I'm willing to spend for it.

Edit: Obviously you've seen me over in the Wax Buyer's Club thread and it says something about how the cost of subscribing to an indie European vinyl record club is still on par with what VMP's current rate is (maybe a dollar more expensive per record, max).

I did not, for the exact same reason I'm saying not to spend $43 on Dreams. I've basically put my foot down on not getting anything over $35 for a new, single-LP record. If any good came out of VMP jacking up all their prices, it's that it made me take a closer look at what I want in a record collection and what I'm willing to spend for it.

Edit: Obviously you've seen me over in the Wax Buyer's Club thread and it says something about how the cost of subscribing to an indie European vinyl record club is still on par with what VMP's current rate is (maybe a dollar more expensive per record, max).
Yeah, Wax Buyers Club is great! Amazing VIP service too from Edd! And the ROTM picks they have are great too (awesome variety).

Because I’m spending less on vinyl, I’m only really getting VMP exclusives/ROTM’s and audiophile releases (the Acoustic Sounds series, Blue Note Tone Poet series, Blue Note Classics series and MoFi and Analogue Productions releases).

I’ve really cut down on general new releases and won’t be buying directly from artists’ store or Bandcamp. I really want Savage 21’s new album; Savage Mode II on vinyl but shipping is USD$25 alone and yeah...no more of that! 🤣

If Frank Ocean releases a Boxset like Sade just did though, then I’ll definitely grab that! 😏

Yeah, Wax Buyers Club is great! Amazing VIP service too from Edd! And the ROTM picks they have are great too (awesome variety).

Because I’m spending less on vinyl, I’m only really getting VMP exclusives/ROTM’s and audiophile releases (the Acoustic Sounds series, Blue Note Tone Poet series, Blue Note Classics series and MoFi and Analogue Productions releases).

I’ve really cut down on general new releases and won’t be buying directly from artists’ store or Bandcamp. I really want Savage 21’s new album; Savage Mode II on vinyl but shipping is USD$25 alone and yeah...no more of that! 🤣

If Frank Ocean releases a Boxset like Sade just did though, then I’ll definitely grab that! 😏

Just give me friggin chanel ORANGE on orange vinyl!

Just give me friggin chanel ORANGE on orange vinyl!
I know! I love Channel ORANGE so much!!! It would be such a treat to get a great quality sounding 2LP pressing of that masterpiece!

It will happen one day, just hopefully later this year or in 2021! I am optimistic that Channel ORANGE will have a vinyl release by the end of 2021!

It's pretty great. After the first spin I went straight to the Modern Harmonic site and picked up a Szabo "best of" comp they have up currently. Cut at Cohearant by Kevin Gray. $19!

I’d love to know how that Best Of sounds... did you get the red vinyl pressing?

I missed out on the Gabor Szabo swap this month, and they're already $60+ on discogs!

However, the album seems to still be available to new members. Question for those who have it, especially @NathanRicaud (since you've praised it a lot), is it worth $43 for a one month "membership"?

It is so good I went and bought Bacchanal as well. $43 dollars? That's up to you and your wallet. I would probably pay it but yes it is getting tougher and most releases I wouldn't touch for that price.

That vmp Szabo takes it to another level. I'd immediately listened to a few of his other albums, but theres some cheesy covers that remind me of elevator music.

Was really hoping the Best Of would be his original music but the covers are on there again so it's an easy pass for me.

By the way Amazon UK and Juno have the red 'Best Of' as well, for those interested.

Back