Vinyl Me Please Classics

If next month is really Money Talks, that would be... underwhelming. "Holy Ghost" is no doubt one of the best tracks in the Stax catalog IMO, but this "album" was just a cash-grab by Fantasy, piecing together whatever unreleased Bar-Kays tracks they had... which wasn't much, as this "album" is only ~34 minutes long, including a reprise of one of the tracks. Hopefully they add some bonus content, like maybe the extended disco mixes of "Holy Ghost" and "Monster," but that's not really the M.O. of the Classics track.

If next month is really Money Talks, that would be... underwhelming. "Holy Ghost" is no doubt one of the best tracks in the Stax catalog IMO, but this "album" was just a cash-grab by Fantasy, piecing together whatever unreleased Bar-Kays tracks they had... which wasn't much, as this "album" is only ~34 minutes long, including a reprise of one of the tracks. Hopefully they add some bonus content, like maybe the extended disco mixes of "Holy Ghost" and "Monster," but that's not really the M.O. of the Classics track.
Gave it a few listens on Spotify yesterday and enjoyed it. Like you said, Holy Ghost kicks ass. But the rest of the tracks never reach those heights and at only around 30 minutes, it annoys me one of the songs is a reprise.

Its okay. Not bad by any means, but not something I’m clamoring to own. Which, if it turns out this is what the pick is, may be a good thing for me. I keep telling myself I need to reign in my vinyl purchasing before things start getting out of hand...

Just got McCoy Tyner - Sahara today and upon first listen, this is fantastic. I love how the music stays grounded melodically and rhythmically, but absolutely soars in the improvisational sections. This is the boldest and most thoughtful pick from this sub in months.
Only reason why I didn’t think it was a good pick is because I already own the MoFi!

Where is this TCell!?! This is so beautiful! 😃

That's Sam McGee's Trail in the Yukon. I hiked it with my kids a couple weeks ago. It's a trail that follows an old Tramway from the Gold Rush era. (Although the Tramway was for a Silver mine if memory serves.) It looks even more beautiful in autumn. And all hikes in Yukon are beautiful.

That's Sam McGee's Trail in the Yukon. I hiked it with my kids a couple weeks ago. It's a trail that follows an old Tramway from the Gold Rush era. (Although the Tramway was for a Silver mine if memory serves.) It looks even more beautiful in autumn. And all hikes in Yukon are beautiful.

I’m doing my research and this place trail is so isolated! Like it’s very far from Vancouver, even though it’s much closer to Sam McGee trail compared to other major cities! It’s very north of Vancouver and close to Alaska! Looks absolutely stunning and is a hike I would really enjoy! But omg, it would be so time consuming to get there. I can imagine how amazing all the nature would be around in that area of Yukon! 😍

I’m doing my research and this place trail is so isolated! Like it’s very far from Vancouver, even though it’s much closer to Sam McGee trail compared to other major cities! It’s very north of Vancouver and close to Alaska! Looks absolutely stunning and is a hike I would really enjoy! But omg, it would be so time consuming to get there. I can imagine how amazing all the nature would be around in that area of Yukon! 😍

Yeah, we're pretty isolated up here and nature abounds. If you like hiking, mountain biking, skiing, canoeing, fishing, hunting, camping, staring at breathtaking views, etc. it's an amazing place to live.

Well, except in the Winter when it's -45. Then it's cold AF and I just stay inside, drink, read, and spin records.

Just got McCoy Tyner - Sahara today and upon first listen, this is fantastic. I love how the music stays grounded melodically and rhythmically, but absolutely soars in the improvisational sections. This is the boldest and most thoughtful pick from this sub in months.
Still waiting on a shipping notice. Will be lucky to get it before announce date

They claimed all records should be shipped by the 15th.
Don't they claim that every month? ;) Oh well. Its my first month back after a 6 month break. I was foolish to think they had figured out how to send packages. With my previous subscription, my last few months it was consistent that I was BOTS and once the label was created (usually on the 13th or 14th) the package would sit for another4-5 days before it left the warehouse. I regularly got my package on announce day.

Yeah, we're pretty isolated up here and nature abounds. If you like hiking, mountain biking, skiing, canoeing, fishing, hunting, camping, staring at breathtaking views, etc. it's an amazing place to live.

Well, except in the Winter when it's -45. Then it's cold AF and I just stay inside, drink, read, and spin records.
Omg, it sounds so romantic up where you live! I’d love to go hiking with friends and then gaze at the stars at a really nice viewpoint and cuddle! Omg, and canoeing in all the pretty rivers and lakes would be the most scenic workout ever! I couldn’t in Winter though! 😍🏔🛶

But I can imagine myself becoming a little bit depressed, if everyday was less than 10 degrees! Like, omg, imagine going outside! It would hurt! Like I would need to travel during the winter if I lived in! 🥶😳

Omg though, I can’t imagine how much pretty nature you would be surrounded by! I love running and I can imagine myself going for runs and loving life so much with all the beautiful scenery I’d pass! And walking is so nice too! I actually want to come over and sleep over at yours and then explore some of the nature in Yukon! 🧗‍♂️🚵‍♂️🦥

Omg, it sounds so romantic up where you live! I’d love to go hiking with friends and then gaze at the stars at a really nice viewpoint and cuddle! Omg, and canoeing in all the pretty rivers and lakes would be the most scenic workout ever! I couldn’t in Winter though! 😍🏔🛶

But I can imagine myself becoming a little bit depressed, if everyday was less than 10 degrees! Like, omg, imagine going outside! It would hurt! Like I would need to travel during the winter if I lived in! 🥶😳

Omg though, I can’t imagine how much pretty nature you would be surrounded by! I love running and I can imagine myself going for runs and loving life so much with all the beautiful scenery I’d pass! And walking is so nice too! I actually want to come over and sleep over at yours and then explore some of the nature in Yukon! 🧗‍♂️🚵‍♂️🦥

You are more than welcome to come for a visit.

@NathanRicaud I got an amazing haul at my local shop.

All 3 of the big chic records, sister sledge, sly stone, and for R&HH picked up Wu tang
Excellent grabs Dukey! I love that you grabbed Chic’s first 3 albums! I have all 3 of them too and they are a delight to spin! The Sly & Family Stone, Sister Sledge & Wu-Tang Clan are all 10/10 albums! 😍😍😍

I love Sister Sledge’s album “We Are Family”! It has so many great tracks on there! 😍💯

‘He’s The Greatest Dancer’ 🕺 is one of my all-time favourite disco songs and was my favourite song to play whilst playing GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony! 🎯🎮
Fixed! And yeah, that's a great song, and the station itself (K109 The Studio) is packed with great songs in that game!

I've really been wanting to get that Chic vinyl box set for a while now (it's got that Sister Sledge album too). If VMP has nothing good this month (PLZ let that be the case), I might jump on that.

Fixed! And yeah, that's a great song, and the station itself (K109 The Studio) is packed with great songs in that game!

I've really been wanting to get that Chic vinyl box set for a while now (it's got that Sister Sledge album too). If VMP has nothing good this month (PLZ let that be the case), I might jump on that.
Ahhhh that’s right! It was The Ballad of Gay Tony that awesome radio station was on! Haven’t played that game in so long! Literally my favourite thing about GTA is getting into a car, putting on my favourite radio station, and running over people! 😂

Excellent grabs Dukey! I love that you grabbed Chic’s first 3 albums! I have all 3 of them too and they are a delight to spin! The Sly & Family Stone, Sister Sledge & Wu-Tang Clan are all 10/10 albums! 😍😍😍
sadly the sly album was so scratched up it was 40% crackle even after a spin clean,

this is why buying used is frustrating to me

Back