Vinyl Me Please Classics

I just got the 45RPM Workingman's Dead and it sounds phenomenal. I feel silly but only recently discovered that the ones that say ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING on top are from analogue masters and the ones that say MOBILE FIDELITY SOUND LAB aren't necessarily from original master tapes....I grabbed Dylan New Morning on MoFi recently and it doesn't sound that amazing to me but a lot of my other MoFis sound fantastic. I can also personally vouch for Miles' In A Silent Way sounding awesome. I have a few Miles MoFis and they all sound great to me.
Oh wow, I had no idea about the difference between the two either. That would have been useful to know a long time ago...

Even if they say MOBILE FIDELITY... instead or ORIGINAL MASTER... on the top ribbon, in most cases they’re still all analog. And in almost all cases they sound realllly freakin good

Even if they say MOBILE FIDELITY... instead or ORIGINAL MASTER... on the top ribbon, in most cases they’re still all analog. And in almost all cases they sound realllly freakin good
Yeah, not to Grateful Dead up this thread, but From The Mars Hotel is a Mobile Fidelity one and sounds freaking amazing.

70s Funk and '90s Rap 7 and 1

so a 70s funk album.. probably their 7th album
Hmmm. Let's Take It To The Stage or Motor Booty Afair maybe.

Although if they got their hands on original master tapes for P-Funk and those were the ones they chose it'd be a little weird.

Same for Small Talk.

Hmmm. Let's Take It To The Stage or Motor Booty Afair maybe.

Although if they got their hands on original master tapes for P-Funk and those were the ones they chose it'd be a little weird.
one person is saying honey by the ohio players.. but that sounds HIGHLY unlikely because thats TOO good

another theory is that its a 7 person group

either way im totally joining this month

one person is saying honey by the ohio players.. but that sounds HIGHLY unlikely because thats TOO good

another theory is that its a 7 person group

either way im totally joining this month
I know! Ohio Players’ “Honey” feels like it would be too good to be true! But I think there’s a good chance it could be it, especially if the clue is referring to a 7-piece band! Even if it’s the 7th album, Ohio Players “Honey” is still in the running! 🍯

WHAT A PICK “Honey” would be! Side B is actually perfection on ‘Honey’! You have the glorious, steamy, smoky, syrupy, passionate, sensual “Sweet Sticky Thing”, then the fun, dizzying, carnival, theme-park, druggy, intoxicating, endless danceable “Love Rollercoaster”, then lastly “Alone” is a heavenly, angelic, apologetic, heartfelt closer that is just beautifully strip back but sounds shiny and rich! ☁💎💘🍯

I literally want to go on my knees and beg for this album to get the VMP Classics AAA/QRP treatment! Like, I think I’ll faint if Honey is the August Classics ROTM! ⭐🙉

I know! Ohio Players’ “Honey” feels like it would be too good to be true! But I think there’s a good chance it could be it, especially if the clue is referring to a 7-piece band! Even if it’s the 7th album, Ohio Players “Honey” is still in the running! 🍯

WHAT A PICK “Honey” would be! Side B is actually perfection on ‘Honey’! You have the glorious, steamy, smoky, syrupy, passionate, sensual “Sweet Sticky Thing”, then the fun, dizzying, carnival, theme-park, druggy, intoxicating, endless danceable “Love Rollercoaster”, then lastly “Alone” is a heavenly, angelic, apologetic, heartfelt closer that is just beautifully strip back but sounds shiny and rich! ☁💎💘🍯

I literally want to go on my knees and beg for this album to get the VMP Classics AAA/QRP treatment! Like, I think I’ll faint if Honey is the August Classics ROTM! ⭐🙉
it also has 7 tracks on it...it would be a good but yet another weird choice of dollar bin albums being redone by VMP...

You guys think Honey is better than Aretha, Otis, or Al Green? I mean, the picks aren't usually that good every month, but Ohio Players are too good?

another weird choice of dollar bin albums being redone by VMP...
But this needs the AAA, 180g, Kevin Gray/Ryan Smith, QRP treatment! Imagine listening to this thing in that quality! It would be such a joy!!! This album is so sexy, syrupy and passionate! Like we need this to be getting that luxurious Classics treatment! 😏🍒

But this needs the AAA, 180g, Kevin Gray/Ryan Smith, QRP treatment! Imagine listening to this thing in that quality! It would be such a joy!!! This album is so sexy, syrupy and passionate! Like we need this to be getting that luxurious Classics treatment! 😏🍒
Original dollar bin version is AAA too! I know what you mean though. Ohio Players isn't my top choice for 70s funk bands, but we'll see!

Back