Vinyl Me Please Classics

You're locked in now. Unless its an add on side sub then you can cancel that outright then readd the track.

Thanks. I must be nuts, because I thought that I've switched albums that I've swapped before, but I can't say which one. Probably because it didn't happen!

Hoping for something like:

Mingus - Let My Children Hear Music
Pharoah Sanders - Black Unity
Ornette Coleman - Science Fiction
McCoy Tyner - Sahara
Terry Callier - What Color is Love
Bill Withers - Still Bill
Luther Allison - Bad News Is Coming
Lee Morgan - Lee Morgan
Cymande - Cymande

Too bad Al Green, Aretha, Hooker, are out. I'm sure there's a good reason it won't be some of those but I don't have time to research yet.

I've been working on my 1972 list for the AOTY thread and these are the Classics related ones I have on it:

Luther Allison - Bad News is Coming
Al Green - I’m Still in Love with You
Muddy Waters - The London Muddy Waters Sessions
Al Green - Let’s Stay Together

Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
Stevie Wonder - Talking Book
Funkadelic - America Eats It’s Young
Aretha Franklin - Amazing Grace
James Brown - Get on the Good Foot

Al Green, Muddy and Aretha are all out, would be happy with any of the others though!

I've been working on my 1972 list for the AOTY thread and these are the Classics related ones I have on it:

Luther Allison - Bad News is Coming
Al Green - I’m Still in Love with You
Muddy Waters - The London Muddy Waters Sessions
Al Green - Let’s Stay Together

Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
Stevie Wonder - Talking Book
Funkadelic - America Eats It’s Young
Aretha Franklin - Amazing Grace
James Brown - Get on the Good Foot

Al Green, Muddy and Aretha are all out, would be happy with any of the others though!

If it's AAA, which storf said all future Classics are for the foreseeable future, then you can rule out Stevie. He's not letting people touch his master tapes. He'd probably be Essentials anyway. Superfly was done AAA by Rhino and MoFi recently.

If it's AAA, which storf said all future Classics are for the foreseeable future, then you can rule out Stevie. He's not letting people touch his master tapes. He'd probably be Essentials anyway. Superfly was done AAA by Rhino and MoFi recently.

Good points. My list is quickly diminishing haha I honestly don't think it'll be any of the ones I listed though.

Lots of good music in 1972.

Still Bill by Bill WIthers
All Directions by The Temptations
The World is a Ghetto by War
Pleasure by Ohio Players (also Pain)
Live by Donny Hathaway

could be one of those if it's soul/funk

Still Bill would be really good. Donny Hathaway Live would be even good er

What Color Is Love by Terry Callier would be GREAT.

Back