Vinyl Me Please Classics

Too bad my order is still processing... what with me playing the records tonight and all.

That Willie Bobo record is doing nothing for me. Probably gonna swap for Jorge Ben.
Same it’s pretty straightforward and doesn’t seem that inspired besides “Fried Neckbones and Some Homefries”. That track is almost worth it to get the entire album. But I probably will pass unless it’s another AAA cut. Then I might think twice.

Same it’s pretty straightforward and doesn’t seem that inspired besides “Fried Neckbones and Some Homefries”. That track is almost worth it to get the entire album. But I probably will pass unless it’s another AAA cut. Then I might think twice.
Just saw Santana covered that song... I don’t think I’ve ever listened to an entire Santana album :whistle:

Classics is supposed to continue to be AAA + QRP in the foreseeable future according to VMP. But wait and see, that's still my primary track, though.

Ah damn, SRT is showing up as sold out on the ROTM page. That's a shame, I was excited to add it to my July box. If anyone got a copy that they no longer want (even with minor issues), hit me up and we can talk business!

View attachment 7019

Do you guys think this is a complaint-worthy defect? The album sounds great. It’s just a bummer the jacket has this damage. Could they just send me another jacket?
it is complaint worthy, whether or not you request anything for it is up to you (but you will either receive the entire package or a refund, they don't just send jackets if you do), any problems with your box should be reported

Yeah the SRT record sounds amazing. Well mastered, flat, silent and a nice package. Great record too, one that will get many spins. My only complaint is the source jacket they scanned has a registration issue with the magenta ink, which perceptually causes the whole thing to look reddish / pink. Combine that with the vivid colors of modern printing, and SRT’s skintone looks very unnatural. Wonder if anyone else even noticed that.

Back