Vinyl Me Please Classics

I’ve finally received my NTR record, what’s been the reported problems with it? Should I just @Mather about this?
Ha, most of the issues have been skipping on the first track and dish warps I believe. I have a dish warp on mine but no skipping. I'm not sure if the skipping was the first track of both sides or not...

Ha, most of the issues have been skipping on the first track and dish warps I believe. I have a dish warp on mine but no skipping. I'm not sure if the skipping was the first track of both sides or not...
Ah ok, there’s a slight warp on mine but it isn’t worse than some of the records I’ve received from them. Thankfully no skipping either.

Ah ok, there’s a slight warp on mine but it isn’t worse than some of the records I’ve received from them. Thankfully no skipping either.
That's good, yeah my dish isn't HORRIBLY horribly bad but it still is very frustrating for an album that arrived 3 months late, and also just after they pushed "Crumb" back another month, so I emailed and said I'd like some credits, they obliged. I wouldn't feel bad about doing the same if I were you. Up to you of course...

It’s going to be this:

I wish.

Also, if discogs is any indicator it looks like it has never been reissued since its release in 1966. Definitely feels like the right pick here, I’m on board with this!

Something is off. Neither Bobo is born in Latin America. So that would mean either Storf was mistaken or straight lied when asked if "From" means "born in." We need two from NY and two from Latin America. 2 of 3 would need to be.

Edit: So one of the guys from Cypress Hill is from Cuba. Classics pick seems solid with the deli- and the connection to Cypress. It checks the NJ box. If true that would mean essentials is NYC album, not necessarily latin born and would feature a close up.

Puts that Soul Sauce back on the menu as NY and NJ studios are used and the that bottle is very close up with the background fuzzy.

Last edited:
I still think it could be Africa Brasil as someone suggested for one. Album has an extreme close-up cover art and a latin born artist.

Would mean the other two tracks have been recorded in NY NJ and one other latin born artist. between R&HH and the other.

Current Month's Guess Thread: July

Storf Hints on Reddit:
1) "Two of the three records are made by artists from Latin America."
1) a) "Yes, “from” to me would of course mean “born in”"

2) "Two of the three records were made either in New York City, or very close to it."
2) a) "It's in a bordering state across the river from NYC"

3) “Extreme closeup, a deli, smoke cloud"

Other hints:
- "Boogaloo" Latin Jazz Record (From Classics Announcement)
- Not Blue Note (From Old Forum, RIP)

Not:
Os Mutantes ("Yeah, it's not that, but that's what everyone will think")

Front Runner: ???

These are the clues we've gotten so far. Anyone recall anything else? I mean Storf refered to it as a "Blockbuster" on the old forum too, but I don't know if I'd consider that a hard clue.

I really like @Turbo's guess of Willie Bobo - Uno Dos Tres, except that Willie Bobo was born in Harlem.

These are the clues we've gotten so far. Anyone recall anything else? I mean Storf refered to it as a "Blockbuster" on the old forum too, but I don't know if I'd consider that a hard clue.

I really like @Turbo's guess of Willie Bobo - Uno Dos Tres, except that Willie Bobo was born in Harlem.
Bobo could be one of the non-latin born.

Back