Vinyl Me Please Classics

it is complaint worthy, whether or not you request anything for it is up to you (but you will either receive the entire package or a refund, they don't just send jackets if you do), any problems with your box should be reported

At this point I'm mildly hesitant to put in replacement requests for minor issues given the hard time they gave someone on here like a month ago saying they were scamming the system. My copy of Sorcerer came very slightly warped, but I feel like I shouldn't put in a replacement request since it doesn't actually affect playback. I get it that this gives their QC a bit of a pass to some degree.

It's crazy to say this, but I'm inevitably going to get damaged/warped records in the future and I don't want issues down the road with getting them replaced.

At this point I'm mildly hesitant to put in replacement requests for minor issues given the hard time they gave someone on here like a month ago saying they were scamming the system. My copy of Sorcerer came very slightly warped, but I feel like I shouldn't put in a replacement request since it doesn't actually affect playback. I get it that this gives their QC a bit of a pass to some degree.

It's crazy to say this, but I'm inevitably going to get damaged/warped records in the future and I don't want issues down the road with getting them replaced.
You don't have to request a replacement, but they should know you are receiving damaged goods

You don't have to request a replacement, but they should know you are receiving damaged goods

Yeah don't they have a new cosmetic damage policy now that would pretty much reject a request for a replacement? I do think all feedback is good. Their packaging is quite poor as many of us know, good to keep them reminded of that.

FWIW, the tip-on style jackets can rip like that just due to the nature of their construction, but it is annoying when the albums come that way right out of the box.

Their internal communications don't seem to work properly so I'm skeptical that damages feedback (specially damages that don't require replacements) will make their way to QC.
I could be wrong.

Last edited:
I haven't gotten a shipping notification yet, should I email @info or am I just BOTS? The information for shipping stuff used to be in the old place and I would always check there first.

I haven't gotten a shipping notification yet, should I email @info or am I just BOTS? The information for shipping stuff used to be in the old place and I would always check there first.

Do you use informed delivery? My order came in Friday and it still says "pending" on their site. Pretty crazy. Informed delivery is the only way I knew it came in.

So Storf posted another set of hints:

"Hint 5: The Beatles, Rod Stewart, Tammi Terrell"
and also updated Hint 1:
"Two of the three records are made by artists with Latin American roots (my fact checking might be a bit off here, it turns out.)"

"Michelle" by The Beatles is covered on Uno Dos Tres 1-2-3.

Rod Stewart "unconsciously plagiarized" the Jorge Ben song "Taj Mahal" for "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy."

Pretty sure Tammi Terrell is sampled on "All I Need" by Method Man on Tical.

And I'm pretty sure that locks up all three tracks. Not sure why I care seeing as my subscription is about to expire...although Africa Brasil is very tempting.

So Storf posted another set of hints:

"Hint 5: The Beatles, Rod Stewart, Tammi Terrell"
and also updated Hint 1:
"Two of the three records are made by artists with Latin American roots (my fact checking might be a bit off here, it turns out.)"

"Michelle" by The Beatles is covered on Uno Dos Tres 1-2-3.

Rod Stewart "unconsciously plagiarized" the Jorge Ben song "Taj Mahal" for "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy."

Pretty sure Tammi Terrell is sampled on "All I Need" by Method Man on Tical.

And I'm pretty sure that locks up all three tracks. Not sure why I care seeing as my subscription is about to expire...although Africa Brasil is very tempting.
Well we appreciate your help!

Africa Brasil is a no brainer for me. I need help being talked into not swapping 1-2-3 as I'm new and want some old stuff in the catalogue.

I do like Jazz and do like the album, but I don't love it.

Their internal communications don't seem to work properly so I'm skeptical that damages feedback (specially damages that don't require replacements) will make their way to QC.
I could be wrong.
They will want to fix it if we keep emailing them
Not sure if it's been covered here, but for anyone still waiting on a shipping notice. SRT is the only thing in my order.

Can't say I'm surprised :rolleyes:. At least they caught it before they sent it out.

View attachment 7089
So I was early enough to get SRT but not Weyes Blood

Wait, so is Bobo or Jorge Classics?

I wouldn't mind picking up both, but whichever ends up being Essentials I can see sticking around as a swaption for a few months. Who knows how long Classics stuff will stick around for, though. The pressing quantities for the side subs don't seem to make any sense whatsoever.

Back