Vinyl Me Please Classics

That's not a bad guess, though I'm skeptical that it's a Blue Note album since as far as I know, all the master tapes from that era of Blue Note are all in tact and avaiable — so it wouldn't be ADA if it was that album IMO. I could be wrong about the tapes though.

Duke Pearson- It Could Only Happen With You maybe? Released 1974, more known as the A&R guy at Blue Note but was a great arranger and great pianist too. I’m not familiar with the album and it seems like a lesser known album by him. Kind of lukewarm review of it too.
Can you make it fit the "1" clue?

Just did a google search on Erroll Garner and VMP and found this article from 2016. The also sold the 2016 pressing of Ready Take One as well, so VMP are well aware of Garners music. Could easily see the situation where they heard of this album and decided to revisit his music. Think we are on to a winner here, great guess @Mr Moore

Erroll Garner’s 'Concert by the Sea' and the Importance of Historical Reissues
Supposedly, his master tapes were destroyed in the Universal Fire too which may be why this one has digital in the chain.

btw i dont think it could have been duke ellington anyway because why would they need a digital pressing when analogue productions did ellingtons 50s album masterpieces no problem

Back