Vinyl Me Please Classics

I cancelled Classics today too. Never thought I'd do that tbh. Testament to Storf's curation. FFS, give the classics back to Cam to organise. The more Storf got involved the worse it has got. I've subbed hip hop instead for next month. Now the cycle is broken I am freeeeee.

I cancelled Classics today too. Never thought I'd do that tbh. Testament to Storf's curation. FFS, give the classics back to Cam to organise. The more Storf got involved the worse it has got. I've subbed hip hop instead for next month. Now the cycle is broken I am freeeeee.
Part of the problem for me is the inaccuracies in his descriptions/hints. Stating a release will be a crate diggers record then it turn out to be one thats incredibly easy to get and a couple of quid just makes it disappointing when announced.

I believe that he did the same thing with the Lloyd Miller by calling it free-jazz....which it certainly isn't.

Part of the problem for me is the inaccuracies in his descriptions/hints. Stating a release will be a crate diggers record then it turn out to be one thats incredibly easy to get and a couple of quid just makes it disappointing when announced.

I believe that he did the same thing with the Lloyd Miller by calling it free-jazz....which it certainly isn't.

He also called said Blunted In The Bombshelter is a hip hop album.

The main issue is not his descriptions though, it's his pics.

Has anyone heard from @NathanRicaud? I really think VMP was counting on his cheerleading for this Patrice record when they gave him that lifetime subscription lol
I am really happy with that Patrice Rushen pick! It seriously contains some of the best R&B tracks from the 80’s (Forget Me Nots & Remind Me)! I can’t wait to spin that ROTM on a hot day and drink some coconut water and have some delicious fruit and feel fresh! 😋🌴🍒🥥🍉🍇

I am really happy with that Patrice Rushen pick! It seriously contains some of the best R&B tracks from the 80’s (Forget Me Nots & Remind Me)! I can’t wait to spin that ROTM on a hot day and drink some coconut water and have some delicious fruit and feel fresh! 😋🌴🍒🥥🍉🍇
Ladies and gentlemen, Mr @NathanRicaud has entered the building!

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr @NathanRicaud has entered the building!
But I must leave the building for a bit because I’ll get seduced into spending a lot of money I need for a trip in Indonesia in a few weeks time! 🙈😅🤪

I must say that although many people are very disappointed in March’s Essentials ROTM pick, I actually really like it, because I’ve always been a fan of that early 80’s funk/disco sound! 🕺💃

But I must leave the building for a bit because I’ll get seduced into spending a lot of money I need for a trip in Indonesia in a few weeks time! 🙈😅🤪

I must say that although many people are very disappointed in March’s Essentials ROTM pick, I actually really like it, because I’ve always been a fan of that early 80’s funk/disco sound! 🕺💃
I’m not disappointed by the music. The album has some jams on it. But A) it’s hardly a classic, B) it can be purchased for $5 in most record stores and C) it’s not a “crate-diggery” album as was hinted at. It’s just a pretty boring and uninspired choice that is easy to find. Do we really need a $30 AAA release of it? I personally don’t.

Right there with ya. I've been meaning to pick up a copy of this but the fact that it's part of my sub and a high quality VMP pressing? Yes please.

That still pisses me off

I expected machine gun

I barely got Eric dolphy (I don't think dolphy is that extreme). It was just standard modal jazz with more cultural appropriation

It's a cratedigger because every hip hop producer has dug through the crate to use it
If storf uses this as justification as well as mention how no one knows the album but just the samples you owe me an LP

If not

I'll listen to all of Doug walkers the wall

Do folks here really not think there are any good 80s r&b albums that qualify as classics??

I think they should stick to the Classic Soul era of 60s/70s for the genre in the Classics track. 80s R&B is a whole other thing and a whole other can of worms IMO. Same with jazz, gospel, and blues.

Back