Vinyl Me Please Classics

I know it just received a huge Boxset repress but the estate is cashing in every chance they get. What about Prince - 1999 for 1982? That would be huge (If not hugely necessary).
That would make more sense calling at the biggest get yet. It does seem pretty out of character for the typical Classics pics, doesn't it?

In their defense time still moves forward and they should technically add a year to that as each year passes correct?
Sort of, but if they are sticking with the same artists that peaked in the 60s and 70s, and picking a mid tier 80s album, I'd rather they keep the cap. If they are going to find some great hidden gems from the 80s or start expanding the genres past what we've seen, I'm all for it.

Just depends what you want out of the track I guess. I don't get as excited about albums that don't have a current reissue, but that you can still pick up an OG for <$10 and there are 3+ albums by that artist I was planning on picking up before that one.

Last edited:
Th

theres not many of those Bells left. I was going to get it this month but swapped for the Isleys. Hopefully it’s around just a little longer.
It’s literally been a year since Storf said it was in danger of selling out. Not sure I believe anything anymore. There has been a AAA release of it now too, soooooo go for that one.😉

It’s literally been a year since Storf said it was in danger of selling out. Not sure I believe anything anymore. There has been a AAA release of it now too, soooooo go for that one.😉
Thanks I’ll look into it . It won’t let me add more than 20 at checkout but who knows how many they really have . I really like the album though so I do want to grab it at some point.

I would absolutely love a Roy Ayers Classic ROTM! If we could get Vibrations, He's Coming, A Tear To A Smile or Everybody Loves The Sunshine, I would be absolutely over the moon! 🌑:cool:

And I am hoping sometime this year, VMP do an exclusive pressing of Donald Byrd's "Places and Spaces". It's honestly one of my favourite albums from the 70's! It's such a glamorous, sensual, luxurious and breezy album! 💎🏖

If it's the one Bell I saw on discogs there is a single review that mentions issues with static. Could be a one off...

I don't think he has much idea of how sales works, to be fair. If 23 being left now is accurate then I would say NOW it is in danger of selling out, especially with all the Stax people from the Anthology trying to scoop up all the Stax classics releases.

If it's the one Bell I saw on discogs there is a single review that mentions issues with static. Could be a one off...

Still haven't gotten around to getting the Speaker's Corner KG cut copy, but I think that comment was around the fact that there's audible hiss on the track, not static.

Of course this is one downside of AAA that nobody likes to think about, ripping to digital allows for much more complex filtering of noise to be applied. Also in the digital domain you can correct for speed issues which have been plaguing a lot of KG cut AAA titles recently. At the end of the day I prefer AAA, but if the tape is in poor condition sometimes it's a very "warts and all" presentation for better or worse. Still anything is better than the lazy GZ cuts VMP likes to go in for.

Back