Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Yeah I was talking myself into it but the price point is just.... wild, honestly. They're going to have to have some PHYSICAL, really cool "extras" to get me to pull the trigger at $265 after my BN subscriber code.

I really hope this isn't correct. I was framing this anthology in my mind as a way to get into Motown and start a collection in the genre, as I currently have almost none. This pricing wouldn't make sense if this is supposed to be an entry point as they have advertised.

The other limited Motown set is damn near reasonably priced!

@botherly made something up so we don't set our alarms to grab this amazing set for the discounted price of 49.99$
The ultimate 4D chess move would be if that price was planted wherever he found it, and the real discounted price comes out to be 180 or something. Then we'll be falling over ourselves getting in on such an 'amazing deal'.

The best way to get into Motown - for this price you can get new Marvin Gaye’s 1972-1981 box set, Stevie Wonder’s albums from Talking Book to Songs In The key Of Life, Street Songs by Rick James,Can’t Slow down by Lionel Richie, Hi We’re The Miracles, Coolhighharmony by Boys II Men... and still have change. And that’s with the $80 discount. That’s 17 LPs. Sadly this is The Men at Motown set so those great female artists are missing out on your money but i’m Willing to bet you can get great copies second hand

What are some albums people have been thinking and how cheap can they be picked up in discount bins across the nation? This isn’t a slight to Motown or anything and I would really like to and should pick up more stuff front the label and but I rarely see any Motown album going for more than $10 unless it’s the Tamla stuff from Marvin Gaye or Stevie Wonder in NM condition.

So $345. That’s €312. If they charge $50 international delivery again that’s $395, which is €357. I got all 4 Bowie box sets delivered, by courier not by DHLs cheapest slow mo then handover to local post office option, for €250 each, €107 less!

They had 13-15 beautifully mastered and pressed pieces of vinyl, a gorgeous hardback book and a really well made double box. Bonus no storf podcast and no bookface forum.

Perspective...

Last edited:
I think the thinking at VMP was that Blue Note sold out before it got out of the pre-sale discount. At this astronomical/comical price probably half will make it to the full price sale so more filthy lucre in their pockets.

This exactly what there thinking was. If they sold out the first time what is their incentive to drop prices?

This is absolutely gross. I am cynical and I wouldn't have guessed this high. I guess is just going to keep getting worse until FOMO people stop buying.

This set would take a very long time to sell out at 1000 units and this price (even after "discount") in the normal market.

Back