Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I hope Vinyl Junkies comes back too. That thread was awesome.
I don't think that he'll be back in the new anthology group, if/when they make one. He pulled a heel turn on VMP towards the very end of the first anthology FB group and finally decided that the mistakes were too much when the booklets started coming in bent. Coincidentally, this is right at the time he decided he was opening up his own store where he was going to check quality of records personally.

I like the theme a lot, but not enough to invest in the producers of the box set. That being said, I'm really curious to see how this pans out sales wise, I mean the Blue Note box had a built in following that, in my opinion, guaranteed a quick sell out. Let's see what happens this time around.......and if its the same thing, a quick sell out, I'll never say another bad thing about VMP.........not because they know what they're doing, but because, and I don't mean this to offend anyone, they have enough customers who just don't care what they get or just aren't going to complain about it.

In the time I've left VMP, I've been waiting to say "Damn it! They really nailed XYZ and I'm irritated I missed out"..........its going to take me saying that a few times to have faith in what they're doing.

That being said, those who are excited about the Woman of Motown, and it is exciting based on the possible content, I hope its everything you expect and more ;)

I don't think that he'll be back in the new anthology group, if/when they make one. He pulled a heel turn on VMP towards the very end of the first anthology FB group and finally decided that the mistakes were too much when the booklets started coming in bent. Coincidentally, this is right at the time he decided he was opening up his own store where he was going to check quality of records personally.

Oh God I’d forgotten his “talks with the record industry to improve the quality of pressings”. That turned out to not be that, at all, or even close...

He did not like being called out on that one, at all!

Oh God I’d forgotten his “talks with the record industry to improve the quality of pressings”. That turned out to not be that, at all, or even close...

This is what happens when you think Followers equate to something more than what they really are.............just followers ;)

I want a box set that just happens to be all women. Why do they always have to call it out? They’d never say “The Men of Motown”.
I like the theme a lot, but not enough to invest in the producers of the box set. That being said, I'm really curious to see how this pans out sales wise, I mean the Blue Note box had a built in following that, in my opinion, guaranteed a quick sell out. Let's see what happens this time around.......and if its the same thing, a quick sell out, I'll never say another bad thing about VMP.........not because they know what they're doing, but because, and I don't mean this to offend anyone, they have enough customers who just don't care what they get or just aren't going to complain about it.

In the time I've left VMP, I've been waiting to say "Damn it! They really nailed XYZ and I'm irritated I missed out"..........its going to take me saying that a few times to have faith in what they're doing.

That being said, those who are excited about the Woman of Motown, and it is exciting based on the possible content, I hope its everything you expect and more ;)
I have a fear that if this one doesn't do as well as the Blue Note one, they will place the blame on the fact that all the artists are women and use that as justification to not do more box sets prominently featuring women artists.

What was it again? Some sort of spread sheet with grading he kept that one day he might communicate to "the record industry"?

I mean, I don't even believe that spreadsheet ever existed.

What was it again? Some sort of spread sheet with grading he kept that one day he might communicate to "the record industry"?

Please don't tell me you are buying records that haven't been personally checked and graded by the great jazzbo of the north?

Since I've left VMP there have been records I would have wanted (Blakey). Yes there are records in my collection that I love and never would have bought (TVOTR, Hot Chip, & Moses) And I really liked the records in the Blue Note box.

But honestly I can get music recs for people on here. And if a record is limited and I don't get it I can honestly comfort myself in the fact that I can find a very similar record elsewhere that isn't limited. I need VMP less and less every day.

Even if it did how does it improve things? It’s just one inarticulate music fan saying this is good this is bad, it offers zero solutions!

Back