Vinyl Me Please Anthology

View attachment 8336
How my booklet just showed up in a padded mailer of course it was going to get bent and crushed the mailer was twice the size of the booklet. This was the last straw after 4 years I’ve cancelled my subscription. Mailed in a padded mailer twice the size of the bookley, this is just incompetence for a supposed premium product

Exact same thing here. My pics look just like yours. Pretty unbelievable.

Attachments

• 9E2B9E00-9196-4B03-9E35-640AF5B06788.jpeg
    9E2B9E00-9196-4B03-9E35-640AF5B06788.jpeg
    282.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 19590BD5-A422-4D18-AF82-028509FBD11A.jpeg
    19590BD5-A422-4D18-AF82-028509FBD11A.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 23090563-9B27-498E-86B7-6C83903B7EF9.jpeg
    23090563-9B27-498E-86B7-6C83903B7EF9.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 31
Audio quality is top notch. We actually knew which ones were mono and stereo (that was never given incorrectly) but the label on Horace was wrong (stereo instead of mono) and the cover for Lou is the mono instead of the stereo. Yeah, everything outside of the actual music has had several issues. They said they had multiple people look at it but my guess is most people at VMP are overworked because they keep adding projects but not staff so how closely did/could they examine it.

I personally believe the price point was correct if executed correctly, the lack of the execution is where this became overpriced.
Agreed

Man, if my liners come damaged like that, after they specifically said they were mailing them separately to avoid damage, I'm gonna be f*cking pissed. That is the most ridiculous thing I've seen yet. I don't understand what the hell is happening with this company. Why would they not do this right?

Man, if my liners come damaged like that, after they specifically said they were mailing them separately to avoid damage, I'm gonna be f*cking pissed. That is the most ridiculous thing I've seen yet. I don't understand what the hell is happening with this company. Why would they not do this right?

If they mailed yours in a padded envelope, it's damaged.

I legitimately don’t understand all these errors. I’ve been a loyal VMP subscriber for years. I’ve never encountered issues like this until this Anthology. Have I been extremely lucky over the years before this? Were they always this incompetent? I don’t understand how a company can mess up on this level. Are there literally no checks and balances? Is there no one making sure everything is without errors before deployment? Liner notes in padded envelopes? Do they have a bunch of untrained new hires? This is all so absurd.

I legitimately don’t understand all these errors. I’ve been a loyal VMP subscriber for years. I’ve never encountered issues like this before until this Anthology. Have I been extremely lucky over the years before this? Were they always this incompetent? I don’t understand how a company can mess up on this level. Are there literally no checks and balances? Is there no one making sure everything is without errors before deployment? Liner notes in padded envelopes? Do they have a bunch of untrained new hires? This is all so absurd.

Yes, very lucky
Yes, institutionally and individually incompetent
No, QC is mythical to them
No, checks are no fun
No, they are even more incompetent in HQ than saddle creek are.

Yes, very lucky
Yes, institutionally and individually incompetent
No, QC is mythical to them
No, checks are no fun
No, they are even more incompetent in HQ than saddle creek are.

Yes I think that SC were convenient for VMP. They were the fall guys for poor communication and a mismanaged system. They weren’t perfect but the alternative shipping arrangement resulted in internationals getting burnt and no improvement in packing standard.

Yes I think that SC were convenient for VMP. They were the fall guys for poor communication and a mismanaged system. They weren’t perfect but the alternative shipping arrangement resulted in internationals getting burnt and no improvement in packing standard.

Yeah I mean the signs of laziness and incompetence in all departments have been AROUND YOUR MARROW there for a while now...

Now I wonder how long they keep the facebook group open - lots of unhappy liner notes making the rounds today.

"We sent all the records, this experience is finished!"

Why they would keep that shithole active is beyond me. I don't know who is enjoying it at this point. But I guess they figure why not if they haven't put in any effort to guide or moderate it throughout the whole experience, might as well let it keep spinning it's wheels?

I was lucky enough to get both the records and the booklet completely undamaged. That said, I haven't spun either record yet so there's always a chance!

Back