Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Not surprised it was included in the Anthology, as it's the key album to the Vanguard Records story, but the Joan Baez s/t album was already reissued by Craft in 2018, remastered by Kevin Gray and pressed at RTI. (Stereo, not Mono though.)

I really hope there is a standard black version of the Buffy Saint-Marie album down the road when VMP's window of exclusivity is over.
Anyone know if the monos are even definitive versions of all these albums? I’m guessing they are but maybe not.

Not surprised it was included in the Anthology, as it's the key album to the Vanguard Records story, but the Joan Baez s/t album was already reissued by Craft in 2018, remastered by Kevin Gray and pressed at RTI. (Stereo, not Mono though.)

I’ve got one of these that I got cheap fm B+N that I haven’t cracked open yet, but based on the one stellar review on Discogs, I think I may have to now….

I was being sarcastic about the colors, but wouldn't be shocked if the colored vinyl is part of the "exclusivity" and is part of why they were allowed to do these box sets. Or mono vs stereo. Craft does a similar thing for RSD day--they will release something like Quiet Kenny or Chet Baker in mono as an exclusive and then release a wide release of the stereo version later.
They did the color thing for Ghostly— and if you read the site, it mentions a “first edition” or whatever the means. I suspect all of these are getting a black reissue, or at least the big ones. Between that, the price, and GZ, Hard pass for me.

but the COLORS!

if this had been RTI and black vinyl I probably would have gotten it to be honest.
If this was on black vinyl and pressed at RTI, I definitely would have purchased it, and would be happy paying that extra $40 on top for international shipping!

I’m still a bit tempted to get this, but there are two things stopping me from getting this:

1. Pressed at GZ
2. I’m not much of a fan of The Weavers’ At Carnegie Hall album!

I really like all the albums in this anthology, but I can’t get much into The Weavers’ At Carnegie Hall! I like the instrumental tracks on there more than the vocal ones!

Also, there are some very quiet songs on some of the albums in this anthology, such as “Talk About Suffering” by Doc Watson! Like most of those albums have very quiet songs so I don’t know if GZ can pull this one off. The only positive is that it’s a small run - 1,000 copies for each album!

I’m going to wait until people receive their boxes and review the pressings! If it gets great reviews and if the pressings are quiet/have no surface noise, then I’ll buy it! That’s if it doesn’t sell out, which I don’t think it will because I think VMP made a poor choice by choosing to get these done at GZ. The target audience for this Boxset would be weary about pressing plants, so yeah…I doubt this will sell much to be honest!

It’s actually such a poor choice to get these albums pressed at GZ on coloured vinyl…🤦‍♂️

I understand that the pressings are AAA, mono and mastered by Ryan Smith (excellent pressing details), but coloured vinyl and pressed at GZ just gives it major Newbury Comics vibes…..🤐🙅‍♂️👎

I wish Skip James, Odetta and Buffy Sainte-Marie records in this anthology were Classics ROTM’s! Pressed at QRP on black vinyl!

It’s actually such a poor choice to get these albums pressed at GZ on coloured vinyl…🤦‍♂️

I understand that the pressings are AAA, mono and mastered by Ryan Smith (excellent pressing details), but coloured vinyl and pressed at GZ just gives it major Newbury Comics vibes…..🤐🙅‍♂️👎

I wish Skip James, Odetta and Buffy Sainte-Marie records in this anthology were Classics ROTM’s! Pressed at QRP on black vinyl!
Completely agree Nathan…

My thoughts exactly. I’d get any of those albums solo and pay a decent price if they were from the classics track and had those details. Hoping this box gets broken out at some point and Craft reissues a few of those separately on black vinyl

Anyone want my metal blade leftovers

Many warped or clicking amon amarth, black dahlia, and cannibal corpse,.. even 5 bucks would be fine
Piggybacking on this; I still have warped copies of Gwar and Armored Saint I've posted in PIF a couple times with no takers, so someone with a vinyl flat and a metal craving should definitely grab these.

I got one of the warped GWARs from DJSD, and while the warp was pretty gnarly, the record sounds great. I'm hoping to find a cover for it eventually, but on the whole, A+ would listen to cartoon dickmonsters rock out again, totally recommend it to anyone.

From the standard today: Get down with the _ _ _ _ _ _ /space/ _ _ _ _ _. With a new anthology coming on the 14th

Back