Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Also, even though we already knew what the releases would be, someone posted an article from this month's Downbeat basically confirming the albums in package 3.

Also, even though we already knew what the releases would be, someone posted an article from this month's Downbeat basically confirming the albums in package 3.

Lol. VMP keeps getting scooped.

This happened in the mastering process and was caught by our quality control team prior to the record going to press.
Based on my history with VMP, I don't believe this statement. That said,
We are working with our partners and will be sending everyone a new copy to make up for this issue free of charge, regardless of whether your copy was affected.
Big ups to VMP getting in front of this. Is was going to email them to ask for a replacement but their message hit my inbox first. Credit where credit is due.
I'd just like to state that I would be more than willing to pay the shipping for you to unload said albums on me, myself, and I... up here all lonesome in Canada with currently no anthology albums to keep me warm.
Assuming the replacement Schizo is all fine when it arrives and they don't ask for the old one to be sent back, I can send you my schizo Schizo. If you want me to reserve it for you, let me know and I'll put a sticky note on the shrink so I don't forget when the replacement arrives. Don't worry about the postage.
It always seems to be the same two who complain about the complainers. It won't shock most of you that the hype man is one of the 2.
Is Sam the Record Man/Vinyl Junkies having some fun on the FB?

I'm seriously going to try to do this. If I can't get someone's banged up box I'll make one out of an old VMP mailer and write BlURnOrte ANtHoloGY BoRx on it in crayon.

Actually that might be better...
Mather Edition 1 of 1 Blue Note Anthology Box.
Featuring
  • Incorrect Album Artwork
  • Wrong Sided Labels
  • Artwork Bends
  • Scratches
  • A scribbled "1/1" on the back of the box
If you act fast a warp can be included with every record.

It's just one easy payment of 230$ act fast.

Is Sam the Record Man/Vinyl Junkies having some fun on the FB?
I called Jazzbo out about complaining about complaining haha. That other dude too on there. If anybody has a gripe with stuff, they just parrot "who cares?! it's about the music! people will never be happy!" That facebook group is atrocious. Facebook is just not a format that is good for this kind of stuff. Anytime I go on there, I just see people complaining about complaining or posting record sleeves with no other information. Nothing from VMP.

Jazzbo actually sent me a PM and said I was right and he went back to change his comments/delete some so I guess kudos to him for admitting it. Didn't expect that but good on him. I think I'll just stay off there for awhile and not participate.

Also the main reason why I think VMP wasn't lying about them catching this early and nobody at the plant fixed it is because there's no way in HELL, VMP would freely offer to send everyone a new copy even if it wasn't messed up. The plant or whoever screwed up is eating the cost on this one, not VMP.

Assuming the replacement Schizo is all fine when it arrives and they don't ask for the old one to be sent back, I can send you my schizo Schizo. If you want me to reserve it for you, let me know and I'll put a sticky note on the shrink so I don't forget when the replacement arrives. Don't worry about the postage.
Thank you friend, that's very kind of you! I think @marshall has got me covered on those two however so although I'm very appreciative I don't think it will be necessary for you to save those for me. But thanks again!
I mean unless they are randomly asking some people to send theirs back and others not, which appears to be the case... so depending on what they say maybeeeeee? Who knows, who ever truly knows when VMP is involved...

This is what I will play my BoRx set on...

0a51fbb1fda63da94675970ed5c6aa78.jpg

Last edited:
i'm assuming that VMP was just incompetent and decided to make every label basically the same but with slightly different text.. thats why horrace silver is said to be in stereo instead of mono.. i dunno why they didn't mark lou donaldson as stereo though. and im guessing the wrong label thing is more an RTI thing than anything... eh even one of the best pressing plants in the world can have like one person make an oops

Mather Edition 1 of 1 Blue Note Anthology Box.
Featuring
  • Incorrect Album Artwork
  • Wrong Sided Labels
  • Artwork Bends
  • Scratches
  • A scribbled "1/1" on the back of the box
If you act fast a warp can be included with every record.

It's just one easy payment of 230$ act fast.

Thank you friend, that's very kind of you! I think @marshall has got me covered on those two however so although I'm very appreciative I don't think it will be necessary for you to save those for me. But thanks again!
I mean unless they are randomly asking some people to send theirs back and others not, which appears to be the case... so depending on what they say maybeeeeee? Who knows, who ever truly knows when VMP is involved...

I can send you a Horace jacket with a seam tear/split (VMP is sending me a jacket replacement). Having a Horace jacket without the record might help make this "BlURnOrte ANtHoloGY BoRx" 1 of 1 set even more unique.

I can send you a Horace jacket with a seam tear/split (VMP is sending me a jacket replacement). Having a Horace jacket without the record might help make this "BlURnOrte ANtHoloGY BoRx" 1 of 1 set even more unique.
Honestly just keeps getting better... I'm keeping note of these. Thank you... Assuming sending just a jacket doesn't cost me $20 shipping... which it might, I'll have to look into that...

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but maybe somebody can answer me. Is the guy from Vinyl Junkies getting all his VMP stuff for free? His posts about the issues with the anthology kinda rub me the wrong way when I see all his posts with "Buy Here, FREE shipping worlwide". I feel like his posts should be labeled as paid partnership.

If you saw my status I just got off from speaking with Matt and Llyod and will be meeting up with Llyod in person so there will quite a bit of additional feedback given. Sorry @Mr Moore I didn't get to your question, there wasn't a natural place to insert it but I will have it down for the in person
link to status?

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but maybe somebody can answer me. Is the guy from Vinyl Junkies getting all his VMP stuff for free? His posts about the issues with the anthology kinda rub me the wrong way when I see all his posts with "Buy Here, FREE shipping worlwide". I feel like his posts should be labeled as paid partnership.

He's the Flavor Flav to their Chuck D.

If you saw my status I just got off from speaking with Matt and Llyod and will be meeting up with Llyod in person so there will quite a bit of additional feedback given. Sorry @Mr Moore I didn't get to your question, there wasn't a natural place to insert it but I will have it down for the in person

While it wasn't life-altering it was decent

Hey, no worries man, thanks for the update.

I don't know for certain, but I suspect he is. He had been posting videos on YouTube doing 2-minute (?) record features and every single one was a VMP record that he recommended you order, then he put out the "this is a game-changer BN Anthology" video, so I asked him if he was getting his records from VMP for free, and that if so he should be saying so in his video. His reaction was not to reply, but to block me.

I think that's your answer.

I don't know for certain, but I suspect he is. He had been posting videos on YouTube doing 2-minute (?) record features and every single one was a VMP record that he recommended you order, then he put out the "this is a game-changer BN Anthology" video, so I asked him if he was getting his records from VMP for free, and that if so he should be saying so in his video. His reaction was not to reply, but to block me.

I think that's your answer.
I asked him straight up on the old forum if he was getting it for free and he avoided the question there as well but I think from what I recall after asking him several times he eventually admitted he did.

Also the main reason why I think VMP wasn't lying about them catching this early and nobody at the plant fixed it is because there's no way in HELL, VMP would freely offer to send everyone a new copy even if it wasn't messed up. The plant or whoever screwed up is eating the cost on this one, not VMP.

Yeah 100% this is right, no doubt in my mind.

For all the bitching and moaning I'm doing, I really am loving this experience. I mean, not the experience VMP is giving us, but really getting into jazz for the first time. I've been branching out big time and I gotta say, it's totally because I signed up for this on a whim one day. So no matter what happens from here, I think I understand and enjoy jazz so much more now than I did even just a couple months ago, and I'm looking forward to learning more and enjoying it more.

Also the Lou album fucking swings hard. Loving the soul.

Back