Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I was just browsing the amazon listings for Grateful Dead vinyl and saw that "Wake of the Flood" is available for $31.97, but then in the small print just below, it says: "$20.99 shipping."

HOW?

The seller is listed as a "DVDMAX-US", but based on their listed customer service number, it looks like they're actually based in Poland?

So here's a shot in the dark: does anybody have a spare replacement cover of Dexter Calling from the Blue Note set?

I just got a copy of the record by itself but it includes the original cover. I did reach out to VMP just to see if they had any spares lying in a box or something but they said they didn't. So if you somehow found yourself with two, or maybe one came damaged and you had to get a second replacement cover, let me know if you're interested in selling!

So here's a shot in the dark: does anybody have a spare replacement cover of Dexter Calling from the Blue Note set?

I just got a copy of the record by itself but it includes the original cover. I did reach out to VMP just to see if they had any spares lying in a box or something but they said they didn't. So if you somehow found yourself with two, or maybe one came damaged and you had to get a second replacement cover, let me know if you're interested in selling!
I only have the original cover that's scanned from the CD sadly. I don't believe they sent duplicate replacements to anybody.

They did indeed do replacement covers that I thought were sent to everyone who ordered a set.
Yes, but only one replacement cover per person. I got the replacement cover and have the old one but don't think anybody got multiple replacement covers unless someone got a replacement with damage and got sent another replacement.

Yes, but only one replacement cover per person. I got the replacement cover and have the old one but don't think anybody got multiple replacement covers unless someone got a replacement with damage and got sent another replacement.

Like I said, it was a shot in the dark. Or if someone was accidentally sent two or anything like that.

Finished the Zamrock box last night and I am thrilled to have it in my collection. Great pressings and some seriously cool music and history.

Never heard Amanaz before this box, but I will for sure be spinning that one the most.
Because I’m a ‘by the book’ kind of guy, I just listened to chapter 2 this week. Totally agree, I love all of the records so far. I’m really happy I splurged on this.

Finished the Zamrock box last night and I am thrilled to have it in my collection. Great pressings and some seriously cool music and history.

Never heard Amanaz before this box, but I will for sure be spinning that one the most.
Are any of these albums on Spotify and if so can you recommend one or two to a total noob like me?

Are any of these albums on Spotify and if so can you recommend one or two to a total noob like me?
WITCH has a compilation on Spotify called We Intend to Cause Havoc and it's a bit out of order from the anthology tracklist but it's a good primer on the sound.

Amanaz - Africa is on Spotify. Fuzzy grooves with a few really emotional songs like Khala My Friend.

Ricky Banda has a song on Spotify but couldn't find his whole album. He had some ballads and some folksy songs that I really dug.

The last one is by The Oscillations - I Can See it Coming. Again not on Spotify but I really dug it.

FYI – I ripped them all here:

My ranking of the albums is as follows:
  1. Fireballs – "Dots" [new to me, really enjoyed this one]
  2. The Oscillations – "I Can See It Coming" [new to me, also surprised by this one]
  3. Ngozi Family – "45,000 Volts" [new to me, enjoyed this album, shares elements and has a similar style to My Ancestors, which I was very familiar with before this set]
  4. Amanaz – "Africa" [probably the "best" and most polished album in the set, but I was already very family with this one, so nothing new to me]
  5. The Witch – "Introduction" [was familiar with this one before the box set]
  6. Crossbones – "Wiseman"[new to me, was OK]
  7. 5 Revolutions – "I'm a Free Man" [new to me, was OK]
  8. Ricky Banda – "Niwanji walwa amwishyo" [new to me, did not enjoy very much]

If these are all new to you, I would probably recommend Ngozi Family and Amanaz first.

Last edited:
FYI – I ripped them all here:

My ranking of the albums is as follows:
  1. Fireballs – "Dots" [new to me, really enjoyed this one]
  2. The Oscillations – "I Can See It Coming" [new to me, also surprised by this one]
  3. Ngozi Family – "45,000 Volts" [new to me, enjoyed this album, shares elements and has a similar style to My Ancestors, which I was very familiar with before this set]
  4. Amanaz – "Africa" [probably the "best" and most polished album in the set, but I was already very family with this one, so nothing new to me]
  5. The Witch – "Introduction" [was familiar with this one before the box set]
  6. Crossbones – "Wiseman"[new to me, was OK]
  7. 5 Revolutions – "I'm a Free Man" [new to me, was OK]
  8. Ricky Banda – "Niwanji walwa amwishyo" [new to me, did not enjoy very much]

If these are all new to you, I would probably recommend Ngozi Family and Amanaz first.

If you have the mp3's/files to share so I can listen on my phone....

Back