Vinyl Me Please Anthology

@Mather and anyone else who's interested in this box. Found this write up from a deadhead on reddit that's super informative and has links to available copies of things.

Hey, thanks for sharing that - I was planning to post it here after finishing up a work call. I'm just super bummed about the missed opportunity with this, and think it's a pretty blatant cash grab on FOMO.

That must be our very own @Btsvinylfarm.
what a small, strange world this ever expanding internet is.
Hey, thanks for sharing that - I was planning to post it here after finishing up a work call. I'm just super bummed about the missed opportunity with this, and think it's a pretty blatant cash grab on FOMO.

My pleasure, thank YOU for the informative write up.

So some of artists who are writing the liner notes for the various albums have posted sneak peeks on Twitter. Man, some of these songwriters can’t write prose to save their life. I absolutely love Jim James, but that may be the worst music writing I have ever read. For some reason it won’t let me attach the image, but it’s worth reading for the laugh
Jim James is featured prominently in a documentary currently on Netflix wherein people describe their acid trips. So there's that.

@Mather and anyone else who's interested in this box. Found this write up from a deadhead on reddit that's super informative and has links to available copies of things.

Though if someone wanted to follow that guideline, I would drop the $100 Terrapin Station.

I'd propose better uses for that money would be and super readily available:

Wake Up To Find Out - $100
One From The Vault and MoFi In The Dark - Would run about $110
MoFi Skull & Roses - $70ish
Giants Stadium '91 - $90 ish

This is so good. When you’re spending 100 on just terrapin and you still save money. Without a Net is honestly almost more of a completist novelty at this point. I want it because it’s the only one I don’t have—I know that’s silly, but hey that’s how my brain works. But I also stream a lot of Dead and have never once went to WaN. Really thoughtful write up and pretty hard to argue with any of it. Even with this, people will stay justify that it’s an easy way to get into a band, when they could spend twenty minutes clicking links and get the records cheaper, and faster.

Yeah but Cogs is a no go for Canadians pretty much right now. Take that Europe for 40, add $25 shipping, then add 40% exchange rate. That $40 record is $91 when it lands on my doorstep. That's the problem right now...

Amazon UShas AB, WMD, and Live Dead, all under 25$ Not sure about Canada.

Amazon has AB and the new WMD

30 bucks a record sound pretty solid until you think about how that means each album must cost 30 for a single LP, 60 bucks for a double, and 90 for a triple LP

assuming analog production costs it might actually make sense since 35 for a single LP from qrp by chris bellman, 55 for double LP, and 100 for 3LPs...

steep jump for 3 LPs and still probably should be at least 50 bucks less but still

Back