Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Lee : look at this shit

Mather: what you really need for proper acoustics is two or three feet of foam insulation with plastic sheets covering it all
and a bubble suit. Hey have we invented quiet audiophile hepa filters, if not we could makes some money! I saw what's his face at upscale talking about the winix filters. I own two but neither are quiet.

I don't know it is new or not but there is now a page for the Impulse Anthology box. There will be 8 albums and three are already known.

Remastered AAA where available, and with the highest quality masters where not, this Anthology will be pressed at Vinyl Me, Please’s own audiophile pressing plant in Denver, Colorado, overseen by Gary Salstrom.

1686752964449.png

Karma is one of the absolute pinnacles of spiritual jazz, but I don’t know why people insist on listening to it on vinyl (other than historical reasons). It needs CD/digital in order to hear the full track without fades.

I don't know it is new or not but there is now a page for the Impulse Anthology box. There will be 8 albums and three are already known.

Remastered AAA where available, and with the highest quality masters where not, this Anthology will be pressed at Vinyl Me, Please’s own audiophile pressing plant in Denver, Colorado, overseen by Gary Salstrom.

View attachment 175139

Yeah, they posted that a while back and announced those three titles as they were also getting released via the Acoustic Sounds Series (Karma) and the Verve By Request series (Ptah and Chicken Fat) and I assume VMP figured people would be less likely to buy the Anthology if they already had three of the titles. Which is likely a smart decision, if I already had two or three of the titles, I would likely not buy it. And I purposely didn't buy those individual titles as I've been waiting on the Anthology and knew they were in it.

Yeah, they posted that a while back and announced those three titles as they were also getting released via the Acoustic Sounds Series (Karma) and the Verve By Request series (Ptah and Chicken Fat) and I assume VMP figured people would be less likely to buy the Anthology if they already had three of the titles. Which is likely a smart decision, if I already had two or three of the titles, I would likely not buy it. And I purposely didn't buy those individual titles as I've been waiting on the Anthology and knew they were in it.
I bought Chicken Fat a month or two ago at my local based solely on the album title and cover photo. Very pleasant surprise.

The other albums have mostly been guessed:

• 1961 - Coltrane Africa / Brass
  • 1963 - ??
  • 1964 - Mingus Plays Piano^
  • 1964 - johnny hartman I Just Dropped by to Say Hello*
  • 1965 - gabor szabo Gypsy 66+
  • 1967 - Chicken Fat
  • 1969 - Karma
  • 1970 - Ptah

I'm guessing '63 will be Freddie Hubbard - hopefully The Artistry Of Freddie Hubbard.
Soul Sisters by Gloria Coleman featuring Pola Roberts would also be a great '63 pick.

Haha! I have all 3, but had pre-orders in for every one of them already when they were announced/leaked/etc.
I also don't know about cost etc. I'm hoping they print enough that it doesn't sell right away so I can find out the actual cost to get one of these up to the hinterlands after exchange, shipping and duties - I hope you're willing to share those results when the time comes.

Haha! I have all 3, but had pre-orders in for every one of them already when they were announced/leaked/etc.
I also don't know about cost etc. I'm hoping they print enough that it doesn't sell right away so I can find out the actual cost to get one of these up to the hinterlands after exchange, shipping and duties - I hope you're willing to share those results when the time comes.
I think they're trying to keep them around the 350/400 usd mark (which is why they usually stop at 8lp max). I assume that's around 450/480 moosebucks, with the Shipping and duties.

Hey man I don't care what you buy with 'em
We moved over to the Loonie/Twoonie/BeaverBills after using the Candian Tire Dollars for many years. Sadly touring punk rock bands started to horde Canadian Tire dollars and crashed the economy in the 80s, forcing us to go back to using moose knuckles as a form of currency for several years.
canadian-tire-money-20140908.jpg

We moved over to the Loonie/Twoonie/BeaverBills after using the Candian Tire Dollars for many years. Sadly touring punk rock bands started to horde Canadian Tire dollars and crashed the economy in the 80s, forcing us to go back to using moose knuckles as a form of currency for several years.
canadian-tire-money-20140908.jpg
I hate CT money with the intensity of 1000 suns. Thanks for spending $10k at our store, here's $1.00 in fake money that will sit in your junk drawer until you remember you had it and can buy that pack of garbage bags you had your eye on for the last 15 years.

Worst points/loyalty program ever, even after they digitized the whole thing.

I hate CT money with the intensity of 1000 suns. Thanks for spending $10k at our store, here's $1.00 in fake money that will sit in your junk drawer until you remember you had it and can buy that pack of garbage bags you had your eye on for the last 15 years.

Same. I actually found one the other week being used as a bookmark in an old book of mine

My friend recorded an album paid for entirely by Canadian Tire money, so I've got love for it.

Wtf is Canadian tire money?
We have this shitty national brand called Canadian tire. I'm not sure of a US equivalent, but it's like a really terrible automotive/hardware/sporting goods/houseware/outdoors store. But it's ours so like Tim Horton's, it's a Canadian institution despite it's terribleness.

When you make a purchase, you get their own fake currency back called Canadian Tire money, kind of like a points/loyalty program but with paper money. You get so little off the purchase though it's laughable, and you end up just accumulating these $.01 bills everywhere until it's coming out of your junk drawers like a low-budget Scrooge McDuck.

Back