Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I want to say it was about the same price?
There was a $20-30 increase. Presumably inflation. I mean, it’s definitely a lot of money.
This is probably the biggest argument against this set - the VMP pressing plant is an unknown entity. The original was QRP - which is probably the best pressing plant in the US.
didn’t they hire a former QRP or RTI manager to handle the VMP plant?

Yeah, Gary Salstrom came from QRP. Posted this in another thread, but here's a news article about the plant and some of its history:

The whole article is worth a read, but here's a nugget that has me cautiously optimistic:

Schaefer and the VMP team brought Salstrom out to Denver to consult on the potential project, and they were looking at spaces when Schaefer said to Salstrom, “Hey, if we are going to press records, we want to do it at the level of QRP”—which, of course, Salstrom was in charge of at the time. “If you were running a new plant, Gary, do you think you could get it up to a point where the quality is the same as QRP?”

Salstrom turned to Schaefer and said, “I think I can do even better.” Within months, Salstrom joined Vinyl Me, Please as an equity partner and the head of the new Denver plant.

Yeah, Gary Salstrom came from QRP. Posted this in another thread, but here's a news article about the plant and some of its history:

The whole article is worth a read, but here's a nugget that has me cautiously optimistic:
Yea I will say they are doing all the right things so far. Gonna be interesting to hear the results

According to Storf on Discord there will be an "Impulse! Spiritual Jazz Bundle" in addition to the Impulse! box set. Pre-Order in June, Pressing at their plant in July, so shipping in August? Apparently more details in a future Lost Sounds podcast.
Yea he mentioned this awhile ago (before we knew about the Miles anthology I think). Excited for this! Probably more excited for this than the impulse box

Damn that looks so so good! Love it in that frame too, really nice!
Yea it’s actually a really nice poster and cool design. Have it hanging up in my home office. Only found it recently in the original tube when I was going through a closet in my house and got it framed! Shame the throwback ones didn’t include it but wondering if you could ask them if they have any remaining posters lying around?

Yea it’s actually a really nice poster and cool design. Have it hanging up in my home office. Only found it recently in the original tube when I was going through a closet in my house and got it framed! Shame the throwback ones didn’t include it but wondering if you could ask them if they have any remaining posters lying around?
I might well do that and see what they say, great shout!

Full announcement coming tuesday
…Waylon and Jessi - Leather And Lace? Didn’t expect that to be in there.

Lonesome, On’ry and Mean
This Time
The Ramblin’ Man
Dreaming My Dreams
Are You Ready For The Country
Ol’ Waylon
I’ve Always Been Crazy
Leather & Lace
That’s a pretty great selection of Waylon. Leather & Lace a bit of a curveball choice, but I get it with the fire that the rest of the set brings.

Back