Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I ordered the Tribe box set from the TBT and really looking forward to it.

Does anyone have a photo of the poster, I know im not going to be getting it but I remember it looking pretty cool.

Any noteworthy comments about the box?

~$450 ??? or so

I really don't remember. It was a lot, but it looked worth it and it really is.

My #90 box came with a split seam and they sent me a replacement un-numbered box that I still haven't opened.

~$450 ??? or so

I really don't remember. It was a lot, but it looked worth it and it really is.

My #90 box came with a split seam and they sent me a replacement un-numbered box that I still haven't opened.

1) So this 2nd press one is pressed at the new VPI pressing plant. A bit of the unknown at this time.

2) The 7500 is a total pressing # including the 1st press and this 2nd press?

3) I may cave this time.

That's $54 per album, ($30 per LP)on member pricing and people think this is a steal lol
I bought Reckoning and WAN directly from AS/QRP a couple years ago. They sounded great, but not that much better than the OG/CD (for WAN) to justify me buying the whole box. So many great pressings of all the others for half the price. Wound up selling both.

That's $54 per album, ($30 per LP)on member pricing and people think this is a steal lol

Sadly the price seems much Less Out-of-Line now then a just a couple yrs ago. Wouldn’t call it a bargain though :) Wish it was top grade black vinyl but that’s just my general preference at this price point.

VMP’s new pressing plant is an unknown at this time. There is bound to be some QC issues for the 1st few months while they work out kinks. OTOH VMP may work a little harder to avoid any major issues. They have a major investment in the new plant so they hopefully will want to get it off to a good start with positive PR.

I never thought it was a steal - it's pretty overpriced, but the cost doesn't mean it's not a really good release of these albums.

But at the $470 or whatever it is, it still better than buying the original one used/or 2nd hand, which last sold on Discogs for $875.00.

So...some people that would think about paying $875.00 would probably consider $470 a steal.

Last edited:
VMP’s new pressing plant is an unknown at this time. There is bound to be some QC issues for the 1st few months while they work out kinks. OTOH VMP may work a little harder to avoid any major issues. They have a major investment in the new plant so they hopefully will want to get it off to a good start with positive PR.

This is probably the biggest argument against this set - the VMP pressing plant is an unknown entity. The original was QRP - which is probably the best pressing plant in the US.

I ordered the Tribe box set from the TBT and really looking forward to it.

Does anyone have a photo of the poster, I know im not going to be getting it but I remember it looking pretty cool.

Any noteworthy comments about the box?
I have mine framed in my home office . Will try to remember to take a pic for ya when I’m back home. It is a really nice poster.

I like that box a lot. Most have gotten broken out since then but lots of cool records in it

This is probably the biggest argument against this set - the VMP pressing plant is an unknown entity. The original was QRP - which is probably the best pressing plant in the US.
The other thing about this set. Which isn't the case with a lot of them is the jackets are all top notch high end Stoughton jackets, they are big and thick and not what you usually get in a box set. It's a nice set. But yes, it's expensive.

Back