Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Renewed my sub for a year and got the free store credit. Thinking of putting that $150 towards either the Vanguard or Quincy Jones anthologies. Vanguard would only come out to $89.

However, the Quincy set has always appealed to me. But even using the credit it still comes out to $189. Which is still a lot and not sure if it's worth it even at that price.

Anyone want to try and persuade me in either direction? I haven't heard a lot of chatter about either set.

Renewed my sub for a year and got the free store credit. Thinking of putting that $150 towards either the Vanguard or Quincy Jones anthologies. Vanguard would only come out to $89.

However, the Quincy set has always appealed to me. But even using the credit it still comes out to $189. Which is still a lot and not sure if it's worth it even at that price.

Anyone want to try and persuade me in either direction? I haven't heard a lot of chatter about either set.
I personally would hold out since the impulse set is coming soon ish but I'm not a huge fan of any of the vanguard or quincy records

I like them both but find the quincy albums are more replayable. Especially the Sinatra and Miles albums. Vanguard is more music history type music for me. Still good but in its own way

I like them both but find the quincy albums are more replayable. Especially the Sinatra and Miles albums. Vanguard is more music history type music for me. Still good but in its own way
I was thinking I’d get more mileage out of the Quincy set compared to Vanguard. The only two albums I am kinda “meh” on are The Wiz and Back the Block. Idk. It still feels like too much money.

Maybe @yukbon is right and I should hold off for Impulse.

I was thinking I’d get more mileage out of the Quincy set compared to Vanguard. The only two albums I am kinda “meh” on are The Wiz and Back the Block. Idk. It still feels like too much money.

Maybe @yukbon is right and I should hold off for Impulse.

Nothing wrong with that either

Impulse Anthology coming next year. They're doing it at their plant once it opens up, so we'll be waiting some time longer I guess.
I'm specifically swapping for credits unless I really want something, just for this. I figure the price tag will sting less if I have a bunch of credit just waiting around

Last edited:
Hopefully not Tommy Boy, because fuck Tommy Boy, but probably Tommy Boy.

Which sucks, because the Tommy Boy catalogue is more than worthy and deserving of an anthology, but they're such a scumfuck company and don't deserve the money. If VMP could do the anthology ensuring the money went to the artists instead of the label, that would be hella dope!

Didn't they tease a Rhymesayers anthology ages ago??

I'd prefer a Juice Crew anthology over a lot of other suggestions or a Rap-a-Lot boxset but also can't imagine what they'll be charging in 2024!!

Back